Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) is a type of radiation therapy technique used to treat cancer. In radiation therapy, high-energy waves and/or particles, such as X-rays and gamma rays, are used to kill cancerous and non cancerous tumors. IMRT is an advanced technology that uses multiple radiation beams with constantly changing intensities to target the tumor. The efficiency of the procedure lies in the precision of delivery of the high intensity radiation beams in a 3d manner. The Procedure allows beams to concentrate only on the target tissue and thus minimize the affect on surrounding normal cells. Your radiologist will take the help of computational images and MRI to construct 3d images of affected area and will use computer calculated doses for the treatment.
• Cyberknife Robotic Radiosurgery
• Radiation techniques: 3D conformal RT, IMRT, IGRT planning and delivery, VMAT, 4D RT, Tomotherapy, SBRT, SRT, SRS : Elekta set-up
• Brachytherapy: IBU with HDR micro selectron, Intraluminal/ Interstitial Brachytherapy, prostate seed Brachytherapy
• Treatment of Prostate Cancer
• Treatment of pancreatic cancer
• Treatment of lung cancer & Head-Neck Malignancies