Best GastroIntestinal Bleeding Doctors
Choose from best hospitals in All Destinations
Top Doctors For GastroIntestinal Bleeding
About GastroIntestinal Bleeding
Gastrointestinal bleeding (GI bleed), also known as gastrointestinal hemorrhage, is all forms of bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, from the mouth to the rectum. When there is significant blood loss over a short time, symptoms may include vomiting red blood, vomiting black blood, bloody stool, or black stool.
Dr. Deepak Govil
Gastroenterologist | Senior Consultant
MBBS, MS (Surgery), Phd (GI Surgery)New Delhi, India
Dr. Deepak Govil is a highly experienced GI and Laparoscopic surgeon, with great many credit to his name. Having attained education and training from top medical institutes, Dr. Govil has performed all types of major Gastro-surgeries, from general to advanced, in his illustrious medical career. Dr. Deepak Govil has been a pioneer who established Department of GI Surgery at PSRI. Apart from this, he is known for performing living related liver transplants and approx. 2000 operations related to liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery including Laparoscopic surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
- GI Gurgery, General & Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Splenectomy and Lieno-renal shunts
- Ileo-anal anstomosis with pouch for Ulcerative colitis
- Oesophageal resection with Gastric pull up
- Whipple\'s Pancreato-duodenectomy
- Hepatico-jejunostomy for biliary strictures, benign and malignant obstructive jaundice
- Surgical obstructive jaundice operation
- Treatment for pancreatic diseases- Acute & Chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic malignancies, Surgery for Upper and Lower GI haemorrhage
- Treatment for GI malignancies – Oesophageal, Gastric, colonic, rectal cancers
- Portal hypertension Surgery
- Received Presidents appreciation award at IMA South Delhi annual convention in Jan 2009
- Was Secretary of the Consultant forum of Apollo hospital – till March 2009 – organized lot of activities in the forum
- Convenor of Delhi GI Surgeons club for 8 years from 1998 to 2007
- Has been the National executive member of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Published and presented a number of research papers on national and international platforms
Dr. Manish Joshi
Gastroenterologist | Consultant
MBBS, MS, DNB (General Surgery), MRCS, FACRSIBangalore, India
Dr. Manish Joshi is a renowned and accomplished surgeon with specialization in Surgical Gastroenterology, GI Oncology and Advanced Laparoscopic procedures. He is an experience Gastroenterologist with over 19 years of experience in the surgical domain and he is an expert in the field of Basic & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgical for Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers, Colon & rectal Cancers, Gastric Cancers, Pancreatic Cancers, Liver Cancers, and others. He is a highly qualified and proficient GI surgeon with medical qualification and training from premier institutes and is skilled performs all types of gastric procedures, from basic to complex.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers
- Colon & rectal Cancers
- Gastric Cancers
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Liver Cancers
- Esophageal cancers
- Gallbladder cancers
- Bile duct cancers
- Endoscopy (UGI Endoscopy)
- Endoscopy Pseudocyst Drainage
- Colonoscopy (Full Length)
- ERCP (Diagnostic)
- Gall Bladder Surgery
- Capsule Endoscopy (Inpatients)
- Hernia Repair
- Awarded the \'International Travelling Fellowship\' by the Association of Colorectal Society of India
- Selected for the \'Travel Bursary\' Award by the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologist
Dr. Vibha Varma
Liver Transplant surgeon | Assistant Director
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology)New Delhi, India
Dr. Vibha Varma is one of the best liver transplant surgeons in New Delhi who has an extensive clinical experience of over 20 years. She is an expert in the field of Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Surgery and Gastrointestinal surgery. Dr. Varma has completed her medical education from the top institutes of the country. She further obtained advanced fellowship trainings from prestigious medical centers of the country and abroad, including Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, Oxford Transplant Centre (UK) and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi (India).Dr. Vibha has worked at many reputed hospitals across the country and has been an avid participant in starting liver transplant program at three centers. She is a member of various renowned medical societies and organizations including Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology and Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT), to name a few. She has published numerous papers in peer reviewed national and international journals, and been an invited faculty at many conferences.
- Liver transplantation surgery
- Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Distinction in Anatomy
- Merit scholarship throughout MBBS course
- Best Paper Award - ASI/Bangalore Surgical Society Meet (1998)
- Best Poster Award - 41st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology, New Delhi
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
Dr. Sanjay Verma
Bariatric & GI Surgeon | Additional Director - Minimal Access, Bariatric & GI SurgeryNew Delhi, India
Dr. Sanjay Verma is a renowned GI surgeon with specialization in Bariatric and Advanced Laparoscopic surgeries and rich experience of over 23 years. He is an expert in the field of weight loss surgery, minimal access, Laparoscopic, metabolic surgeries other than general surgery and Gastro intestinal surgery. He has attained his medical qualifications from premier national institutions and trained in advanced courses including minimal access surgery, advance Laparoscopic, G.I surgery and in Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Verma has been involved in the operative teams, and teaching courses on his area of expertise, at various workshops, conferences, reputed hospitals and institutions. He has published a number of research papers of high value in recognized national and international medical journals.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Common Bile duct Stones (Laparoscopic & endoscopic)
- Laparoscopy for Achalasia Cardia, Hiatus Hernia, Pseudopancreatic Cysts, Liver Cysts, Splenectomy, Rectal Prolapse
- STARR (Stapled Trans-Anal Rectal Resection)
- Laproscopic right and left hemicolectomy, sigmoid colectomy, all advanced colorectal surgery, rectal prolapse surgery
- MIPH (stapled hemmoriodectomy) for piles
- Laparoscopic Surgery Gall Stone, Appendicectomy, Hernia Surgery
- VAAFT (Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treamtment) Surgery
- Whipple Procedure
- Liver Resections
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- LAGB (Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric By-Pass
- Revision Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries
Dr. Nikhil Agrawal
Surgical gastroenterologist | Assoc. Director & Head GI-HPB Surgery & Oncology
MS, MCHNew Delhi, India
Dr. Nikhil Agrawal is one of the few exclusive GI & HPB Surgical Oncologists in India, with a rich 16+ years of experience in treating various gastrointestinal, colorectal, hepatobiliary, and pancreatic cancers. He specializes in advanced laparoscopic GI and HPB cancer surgery. Dr. Nikhil Agrawal has trained and worked at many prestigious institutions both in and out of India. After completing his MBBS from Calicut Medical College, he pursued his MS (General surgery) from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, followed by an MCh (GI Surgery) from AIIMS, New Delhi. He also has a fellowship in Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgery and a training course in operative laparoscopy, adding to his long list of academic qualifications. He is also credited for establishing the Department of Gastrointestinal, HPB, and GI Cancer Surgery at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital - New Delhi.
Dr. Nikhil is a strong academician with an active research interest and has many publications and chapters in reputed journals and textbooks to his name. He is often invited to various national and international conferences and institutions as a guest speaker and faculty. His efforts and contributions have been recognized and honored by many surgical forums.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancers
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Travel Bursary Award by the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology in 2011
- Travel grant by Korean Association of HBP Surgery for presenting abstract at the 11th International Single Topic Symposium of the Korean Association of HBP Surgery (ISTS 2016, Jeonju, Korea)
- Travel grant by IASGO for presenting abstract at the 26th World Congress of the IASGO (IASGO 2016, Seoul, Korea)
- First prize in Award Paper Session for the paper titled \"Incidence and risk factors for shunt thrombosis following proximal splenorenal shunt in patients with extrahepatic portal venous obstruction\" at IHPBA India 2017, Bangalore.
Dr. Sharat Varma
Pediatrician and Hepatologist | Consultant
MBBS, DNB - Pediatrics, Fellowship in Paediatric gastroenterology & HepatologyNew Delhi, India
Dr. Sharat Varma is an accomplished surgeon with specialization in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation. Backed by 14 years of experience, he has worked in renowned medical institutions of India, Europe and USA, and his key interest lies in transplant Heptology. Dr. Varma is credited with a number of awards and accomplishments for his endeavors and research work. Dr. Sharat Varma, in addition to his educational qualification, has pursued advance trainings and courses to remain updated with the latest techniques. Apart from this, he has published many national and international medical papers.
- Paediatric gastroenterology
- Focal transplantation
- Oesophageal stenting and dilatation
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement in new born
- Foreign body extraction
- Developing new methodology of Digital Fibrosis Quantification
- NASPGHAN – ESPGHAN exchange award for Paediatric Hepatology
- Mentor-mentee Programme award and Young Investigator recognition for outstanding research from EASL
- Key Member of International Consortium Evaluating Long term outcome of Liver allograft (GIGOLO Group)
- Young Investigator Award from EASL
- Young Investigator Award from ESPGHAN
- International Award from NASPGHAN
- Young Investigator Award from WCPGHAN
Dr. Hariharan Muthuswamy
Gastroenterologist | Senior Consultant
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - GastroenterologyChennai, India
Dr Hariharan Muthuswamy is a renowned and highly experienced Gastroenterologist & hepatologist in Chennai.
Dr Muthuswamy holds expertise in Hepatitis (A, B, E) treatment, capsule endoscopy and endoscopy procedures, haemorrhoids treatment, GERD, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and many other procedures. He is a highly skilled and trained surgeon with MBBS and MD from reputed national institutions and went further to be trained in advanced procedure with fellowships from prestigious institutions like the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr Hariharan is a member of many eminent medical associations and has published several papers under his name in national and international journals.
- Haemorrhoids Treatment
- Hepatitis B Treatment
- Hepatitis A Treatment
- Hepatitis E Treatment
Dr. Abdelmajeed Mahmoud
Gastroenterologist | Specialist Gastroenterology, Hepatology
M.B.B.CH, M.Sc. ( Tropical Medicine & Gastroenterology ), MDDubai, United Arab Emirates
Dr. Abdelmajeed Mahmoud is an experienced Gastroenterologist who has worked at many renowned hospitals, including Zulekha Hospital.
- Management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases like : GERD (heartburn) – Gastritis - Peptic ulcer - Inflammatory bowel diseases - Acute and Chronic diarrhea- Constipation -Dyspepsia / Dysphasia - Fatty liver - Viral hepatitis- liver cirrhosis -Autoimmune liver diseases.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopies.
Dr. Giriraj Bora
Liver Transplant and GI & HPB Surgeon | Additional Director- Liver Transplantation & Sr. Consultant GI & HPB Surgery
MBBS, MS, MchNew Delhi, India
Dr. Giriraj Bora is a young and one of the leading GI Surgeon in India with over a decade of experience in the field. He is a recognized name in the field of Liver Transplant, Pancreatic Surgery like Whipple\'s pancreaticoduodenal resections and surgery for chronic pancreatitis. He has been involved in 1500 liver transplants and has an extensive experience in performing advanced Gastro Intestinal procedures. To his credit, he is reputed for having performed the first Liver Transplant and also the 1st Living Donor &1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in the state of Rajasthan. Dr. Bora is a specialist in liver transplantation & liver resection procedures for Hepatocellular cancers, combined liver and kidney transplantation and HPB surgeries.
- Liver Transplant for liver cancers
- Safe donor surgery in liver transplantation
- Portal vein reconstruction in Whipple's operation for pancreatic cancers
- Ultra Low Anterior Resection ( LAR ) for rectal cancers
- Liver resection for cholangiocarcinoma
- Shunt surgery for portal hypertension
- Advanced laparoscopic operations in gastrointestinal surgery
- ABO incompatible liver transplants
- Commended by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state
- Young Investigator Award by the International Liver Transplant Society at Sydney in 2013
- Travel Award of the International Liver Transplant Society at San Francisco, USA in 2012
Dr. Prof. Halil Alış
Surgeon | Sr. Consultant
Dr. (Prof.) Halil Alış is a highly experienced and skilled surgeon in Turkey with expertise in Colorectal surgery, and management of Obesity and Metabolic conditions. He completed his medical education and training from School of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University and then pursued specialization in surgery from Department of General Surgery in Istanbul School of Medicine of Istanbul University. He has worked as a Health Group Manager and Medical Practitioner in Dernekpazarı District of Trabzon before passing the Examination for Medical Speciality.
Prof. Halil Alış then worked as a General Surgeon in the Clinic of Bakırköy Dr. Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital and completed rotation in General Surgery Clinic of School of Medicine in Istanbul University.
He became the Associate Professor of General Surgery in 2010 and undertook Management duties in Şişli Hamidiye Etfal Training and Research Hospital and in Bakırköy Dr. Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital. He was the Head of Education and Administrative Affairs, at this hospital before taking the position of Medical Director and General Surgeon at VM Medical Park Florya Hospital, Istanbul Aydın University from 2017.
He has performed renal transplantation on international patients. He also has a keen interest in diagnostic & therapeutic endoscopy, weight loss surgery, laparoscopy and robotic surgeries. Dr. Halil Alış has trained and completed advanced courses at premier medical institutions abroad.
His expertise lies in all kinds of laparoscopic surgical procedures, especially bariatric and gastrointestinal surgeries as well as diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures including gastroscopy, colonoscopy, and ERCP.
As a medical faculty, he is actively involved in training upcoming doctors in the field of General Surgery and Da Vinci Robotic system. Prof. Halil Alış has published several research papers in indexed journal (SCI and local journals) and authored chapters in 7 books. He has presented 86 papers in local conferences and over 180 papers presented at international conferences. He is a member of many national and international medical societies.
- Laparoscopic surgical procedures
- Bariatric and gastrointestinal surgeries
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic
Best GastroIntestinal Bleeding Hospitals
Medanta The MedicityGurgaon, India
Artemis HospitalGurgaon, India
Indraprastha Apollo HospitalsNew Delhi, India
BLK Super Speciality HospitalNew Delhi, India