Aster Medicity is one of the largest multi-speciality hospitals in Kerala that offers tertiary and quaternary care services across 8 Centres of excellence and a wide range of specialities.
The hospital was established by Aster DM Healthcare, founded by Azad Moopen and has a capacity of 670 inpatient beds
With an excellent outpatient and inpatient facility, Aster caters to numerous patients not only from different parts of the country but all around the world. The critical care and emergency services at the hospital are operated under highly trained and qualified medical experts and staff.
This hospital offers treatment with a unique combination of advanced technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and soothing environment. Aster Medicity aims to provide patients a holistic experience with effective treatment and rehabilitation. It houses some of the best healthcare specialists in the country and ensure outstanding clinical care and quality services.
Aster is amongst the leading hospitals in India to have advanced robotics technology for surgery across various specializations, including Urology, Cardiothoracic, Gynaecology, Oncology, Gastroenterology, Bariatric and Paediatric Surgery. The robotic system offer great precision and accuracy during the surgery, and all the benefits of minimally invasive surgery.
The hospital is one of the top hospitals that has specialized Intensive Care Units (ICUs) to dedicated various surgical branches. These ICUs have a stringent infection control policy and is fully capable of managing serious medical complications and complex co-morbid conditions.
Aster Medcity has introduced the Asia Pacific’s first complete digital integration system ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theatres that are at par with some of the largest Operation Theatres in the world.
- Aster Medcity has a dedicated facility for Minimal Access Robotic Surgery (MARS) using high precision da Vinci Surgical System.
- There are various ICUs for different specialities including ICUs for Cardiovascular Thoracic, General Surgery, Medical procedures, Neurosurgery, Organ Transplantation, Paediatric ICU (PICU) and Neonatal ICU (NICU).
- The department for Imaging and Diagnostics is equipped with cutting-edge technology such as 3 Tesla MRI, 256 slice CT Scanner, Digital Mammography, The Dexa, Digital X-Ray, Time of Flight PET/CT, Colour Doppler Systems electronic 4D Imaging and Ultrasound Machines with multimodal image fusion.
- A series of 22 Operating Rooms fitted with ORI Fusion Digital Integrated system for a complete digital usage and strict infection control policy.
- It is the first hospital in India to introduce Robotic Pharmacy using ROWA Vmax – a state-of-the-art fully automated medication storage and dispensing unit that ensures quick and accurate dispensing of medicines.
- A high tech Catheterization Lab with Allura Clarity system and a Flat panel Bi-plane Hybrid Cath Lab which provides image with better clarity and results at very high speed and promote accurate diagnosis.
- Other amenities include Emergency Department, Intensive care Unit ambulance service, pharmacy and blood bank are operational round the clock.
Centers of Excellence
- Cardiac Sciences
- Orthopedics & Rheumatology
- Nephrology & Urology
- Gastroenterology & ILC
- Women’s Health
- Child & Adolescent Health
Services for International patients
Aster Medicity is a highly reputed and internationally recognized hospital, known for providing a comprehensive range of quality services with the most advanced medical technology.
The hospital is one of the most sought after facility for medical tourism in India and an exclusive Floor for International patients and their families.
There is separate International Waiting Lounge for patients where they can complete further formalities like Registration, verification of passport and VISA, signing of the consent forms.
Aster Medcity offers economical health packages for international patients including services such as travel, transportation, consultation and treatment, hotel accommodation, hospital stay, and leisure activities (if chosen).
There is an appointed Guest Relation Team to each international patient. They provide assistance to the patient wanting to travel for their treatment and ensures that they receive proper medical attention after they arrive at the hospital.
Facilities for International patients
- A member of the international patient services team receives the patient at the airport
- Transport (to and fro) from airport to Hospital or Hotel and
- Provides a local mobile phone connection after patient’s arrival in the city
- Pre-arranged consultation and admission at the hospital
- Individual patient attention by the Guest Assistants
- Interpretation services by multi-lingual Guest Relation Executive team
- Global cuisine
- Offer Sightseeing and houseboat trips on request