Teknon Medical Center is a renowned tertiary care hospital that offers a range of services across multiple medical specialities. The centre is known for high quality treatment with the most updated technology and best doctors.
The team of medical experts at Teknon provide personalized care services for domestic as well as international patients from different parts of the world. As a leading hospital in Spain, the centre maintains superior standards of clinical excellence across all the specialities offered.
Teknon Medical Center is one of the few hospitals in Spain to have Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited hospital and inpatient acute care centre of the Government of Catalonia (on the basis of excellence model of the EFQM - the European Foundation for Quality Management).
It has been recognized as the best hospital for medical tourism by the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ).With more than 400 experts specializing in different fields of medicine, including Oncology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Traumatology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery, the centre is well-set for providing holistic and comprehensive care to all the patients.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- 20 modern operating rooms
- Intensive Care Unit
- 13 royal suites and 6 suites
- 3 delivery rooms
- 211 single rooms and outpatient services
- 1 modular operating theatre and emergency service 24 X 7
- Top-class diagnostic services - 2 CAT scanners, 1 PET-CT scanner, 4 MRI scanners, 1 mammogram machine, 19 ultrasound machines, 2 linear accelerators and 1 densitometer
Services for International patients:
- Multilingual translators for any language during the stay
- Assistance for arranging accommodation for the stay in Barcelona
- Nutrition: A la carte menus are available at the patient’s request. This service is offered with multiple alternatives and is designed to suit the personal and nutritional needs of the patient. The meal preparation is done with products certified by the Halal Institute of Spain (on request).
Joint Commission International
Joint Commission International (JCI) works to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. In more than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, and academic medical centers; health systems and agencies; government ministries; academia; and international advocates to promote rigorous standards of care and to provide solutions for achieving peak performance.