Acıbadem Healthcare Group is one of the leading medical care providing groups in Turkey. There new hospital in Altunizade district was inaugurated on March 2017 as Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital.
The hospital operates with a capacity of 350 in patient bed, 18 operating theatres, 75 intensive care units beds and a parking lot space to accommodate 550 vehicles in an indoor area. The medical centre is equipped with specialized units, high-end technical infrastructure, and medical technology. The panel of doctors and surgeons work in a multidisciplinary manner, under close collaborations.
Altunizade Acıbadem Hospital has dedicated units for various specialities, including oncology, brain surgery, cellular treatment, and robotic surgery. It is designed to be a one-stop destination for examination, diagnosis and treatment - all on the same floor. The special architecture of Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital ensures patient comfort and time-saving by minimizing the movement of patients across munitple units.
The hospital has specialized units and polyclinics for almost all medical branches and many sub-specialities. This includes units for Oncology, Neurological Sciences, Breast Health, Heart, Obesity, Spine Orthopedics and Traumatology, Neuroradiosurgery, Robotic Surgery, Cellular Therapy, Adult and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant, Lymphedema, IVF and Reproductive Health, Perinatology and High Risk Pregnancies, Dental Health, and Gynecology and Obstetrics.
The Oncology unit is uniquely positioned to meet not only the medical, but also the social needs of patients and their families. This unit at Altunizade hospital offers all common treatment modalities, such as surgery, medical oncology and radiation oncology, along with the most updates technology set-ups.
Infrastructure and advanced technology
- The latest radiation oncology technology, including Tomotherapy, which allows treatment with 360 degrees rotating image feature. Other such radiation therapy systems at Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital are Truebeam, Vitalbeam and Gamma Knife for the treatment of all body tumors.
- Advanced diagnostic technology in oncology such as PET CT and SPECT CT are also available.
- Intensive Care Units have a capacity of 75 beds. These include 23 Neonatal units, 14 Child units, 8 Coronary units, 7 CVC units and 23 General Intensive Care units.
- The intensive care units have a Mother Training Hall where mothers are kept informed, along with general waiting, informing and resting areas for relatives of the patient.
- Triple Hybrid Operating Room System, with three different diagnostic units: 3 Tesla MR, 128-sliding Sliding CT, and Robotic Arm Angio. It has a feature through which it can operate in connection with three operating rooms at the same time. This allows images taken from the patient in neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, orthopedics, ENT surgeries, and other surgical treatment to be directed.
- Operation theatres are equipped with the latest robotic surgery technology such as da Vinci robotic system.
- Germ-Killing Door Handles, made with a special alloy, are placed on the patient rooms. They can disinfect themselves by disrupting the enzymes of microbes that can be transmitted from hands.
- Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital has a customized Children's Clinic, and is therefore reputed as a “baby-friendly” hospital. The entrance door of the clinic is separate from other entrances and the waiting areas are separate too, for healthy and sick children. The clinic offers services in various sub-branch specialities, inlcuding an ENT polyclinic and Pediatric Dental Health Unit for children. There is a separate facility for children in Emergency Service and Chemotherapy.
- The services at Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital’s Emergency care unit is organized to meet all the emergency needs and outpatient emergency services with air and land ambulances. These services include decontamination, emergency response, resuscitation, radiological imaging and observation rooms. The Emergency Department comprises 13 adult, 5 children, and 2 isolation rooms with 32 beds, including 20 observation rooms. An operating room for urgent surgery or procedures is also available.
For International Patients
Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital caters to patients from different parts of the world. They offer all kinds of medical treatment to the international patient and aid in the travel and accomodation arrangement. There is a special section for international patients dedicate to diagnosis and treatment services for people from different countries and ethnic backgrounds. This section is named “Health Point”. There are translators and services in 16 languages. The hospital aims to smoothen the process of receiving quality treatment as easy as possible and ensure comfort and care of the patients coming from abroad.
Acıbadem Altunizade Hospital has LEED Gold Certification and is a Green Hospital. It has been given a “Leadership in Energy Use and Environmentally Friendly Design” certificate. This provides assurance that the hospital uses energy and water efficiently, takes care and uses natural resources and does not cause any harm to the environment.