- Medanta – The Medicity is amongst India’s largest and most renowned multi-super specialty healthcare center with 1250 beds, 29 super specialty units and more than 800 accomplished doctors.
- Supported by state-of-art infrastructure, all the departments in the hospital are fully equipped with the cutting-edge technology, modular Operation Theatre and modernized monitoring systems in ICUs.
- Further to its credits, the doctors at Medanta are highly trained experts with international repute and have contributed in making world records and claimed many firsts not only in India but on a global scale, especially for procedures like Liver transplant, intestine transplant and Knee Replacement surgery.
- Apart from these specialties, clinical excellence is also marked by other departments like Cardiac surgeries and Neurosurgeries.
- Medanta is renowned for providing world-class service to its patients.
- The hospital maintains high standard of quality clinical care and is operational with latest technologies like 256 Slice CT, Brain Suite with Intra-Operative MRI Imaging, Da Vinci surgical system with Robot for Minimal Invasive Surgery, Artis- Zeego Endovascular Surgical Cath Lab- with combined operating room.
- The Centre for Cancer has up-to-date technology for radiation surgery instruments like 4 Linear Accelerators (for IGRT/ IMRT), Cyberknife Robotic Radiosurgery system, Integrated Brachytherapy Unit with remote controlled HDR, Tomotherapy (IMRT)
- High-tech machines for diagnosis and scanning like 3.0 Tesla MRI, PET CT, Gamma Camera, Digital X-Ray, Fluoroscopy, Bone Densitometry, 3D and 4D Ultra Sound and Digital Mammography.
Centres of Excellence
- Heart Institute
- Institute of Neurosciences
- Bone & Joint Institute
- Kidney & Urology Institute
- Cancer Institute and Division of Medical Oncology
- In 2010, Medanta became the first hospital in the country to offer robotic surgeries in cardiac, urology and gynecology in a single place.
- In January 2013, a team of doctors headed by Dr. A.S. Soin from Medanta, performed the first successful intestinal transplant in India.
- Over 500 living donor liver transplants, the highest in India and 2nd highest globally.
- First successful intestinal transplant in India.First successful robotic kidney transplant.
- Highest number of renal robotic transplants in the world.World record for most number of Total Knee Replacements in least amount of time - 30 surgeries in one day by Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
- Launched India's first Air Ambulance termed as 'Flying Doctors India', in 2013.
Services for International patients
- Medanta, being a top class hospital in India, is a popular choice for international patients who are seeking treatment for their medical condition in India.
- On average 20,000 International patients from more than 15 countries receive treatment per year, at Medanta – The Medicity.
- The International Patient Services of Medanta offers assistance in every step throughout the journey of the patient and attendant, starting from their country to here in India to when they are back in their home country for follow ups.
Facilities for International patients:
- Buddy system to ensure personalized care of the patient throughout the treatment process and assist in the administrative work.
- Patient support system which focuses on travel, transportation and accommodation details.
- A separate International Lounge facility.
- Expansive choice of culinary options suitable to patient’s ethnic and medical need.
- Language Interpreter to overcome the linguistic barrier.
- Nearest Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport which is around 18 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 20 min to reach the hospital.
- Nearest Railway Station: New Delhi Railway Station which is around 33.6 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 1 hr 20min to reach the hospital.
- Nearest Metro Station: HUDA City Center which is around 4 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 10 min to reach the hospital.
- Located close to many hotels and guest houses.
At A Glance
- Languages spoken : English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Established in 2009
- Total of 241 doctors
- Total of 1250 beds
Awards and recognition
- Performed over 2500 joint replacement surgeries.
- Awarded as the Best Multispecialty Hospital by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant HealthCare Global Enterprises (HCG) in 2010.
- V C Circle Healthcare Award for Single Specialty Healthcare Entity category in 2013
International Society for Quality in Healthcare
Joint Commission International (JCI) works to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. In more than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, and academic medical centers; health systems and agencies; government ministries; academia; and international advocates to promote rigorous standards of care and to provide solutions for achieving peak performance.
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations in India.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, and is registered under the Societies Act. NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories. Government of India has authorised NABL as the accreditation body for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Medanta The Medicity performs 411 different procedures. Click on a procedure name to see more details and to view doctors for that specialty.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal medicine
- Ear Nose & Throat
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Reproductive medicine
- Spinal Surgery
- Vascular surgery
Neurosurgeon | Associate Director- Institute of Neurosciences
Gastroenterologist | Chairman – Department of Gastroenterology and He
Dr. Randhir Sud, recipient of fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri, is a highly acclaimed and renowned Gastroenterologist of India, and backed by rich experience of 31 years. He is acknowledged as a pioneer in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, renowned for establishing therapeutic Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy & GI Oncology in India. Dr. Randhir Sud is known at a global scale for his outstanding work and holds expertise in the area of GI Endoscopy, GI Cancers, and Hepatic diseases. He is an exceedingly qualified surgeon with education and training from top medical institutes of India and USA, including AIMS and Harvard Medical School, respectively. Not only that, he has also been a rank holder and medalist throughout his medical education. Dr. Sud is a prominent figure in the field of medicine and have been credited by many Government organizations, for his tremendous work and achievements.View Detailed Profile
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Consultant - Dental Sciences
Dr. Satyavrat Arya is a leading dentist with specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology, backed by over 13 years of experience. He is an expert dental surgeon, and his interest lies in the field of dental rehabilitation with fixed implant prostheses, TMJ disorders and sleep apnoea, jaw correctional surgeries and many others. He has successfully performed 4500 successfully functioning implant prostheses and has been involved in several other complex procedures. Dr. Arya has attained special training and advance courses from renowned medical institutions and has worked in premier health facilities in his illustrious career.View Detailed Profile
Oncologist | Consultant
Dr. Suman Karanth Gupta is one of the upcoming and young Medical Oncologist with 8 years of experience. She offers oncological treatment for Cancer like Breast cancer Surgery, Kidney cancer, Testicular cancer, Chemotherapy, Blood cancer, Brain Tumor, Lung cancer and Colon cancer.View Detailed Profile
Cardiologist | Director - Cardiac Surgery
ENT Specialist / Otorhinolaryngologist | Director - ENT, Head & Neck Surgery
Dr. K. K. Handa is a renowned ENT specialist andOtorhinolaryngologist in India with over 27 years of rich clinical experience in this field. He is considered one of the best laryngologist, voice surgeon and cochlear implant surgeon, along with expertise in laser surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery sleep medicine, robotic surgery and head and neck surgery. Dr. Handa has been associated with the premier health facilities as a consultant and been a teaching faculty for more than a decade in the renowned medical institution like AIIMS. He is a highly skilled and qualified specialist with qualification and fellowships from prominent national and international institutions. Dr. K KHanda has received many awards and commendations for his excellent work in the field of medicine and is a member of several prominent medical organization and societies.View Detailed Profile
cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon | Chairman and Managing Director
Dr. Naresh Tehran is a graduate from King George Medical College. He is a renowned Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgeon, trained and practiced at New York University Medical Centre, Manhattan USA. He is also recognized by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery.View Detailed Profile
Neurologist | Chairman- Neurosciences
Urologist | Group Chairman - Kidney and Urology Institute
Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is one of the best urologists in India and has a rich experience of almost four decades in the field of urology and renal sciences.
He is an internationally acknowledged expert in Minimally Invasive Urology procedures and Kidney Transplants and is credited for having conducted more than 1200 Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomies.
He is renowned for pioneering the world\'s first Robotic Renal Transplant with regional hypothermia and has a vast experience of performing endourology, laparoscopic and robotic procedures.
Dr. Ahlawat is a leading figure in the field of medicine who is known for establishing four successful programs for Urology and Renal Transplant in India, at - Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (Lucknow), Indraprastha Apollo Hospital (New Delhi), Fortis Hospitals (New Delhi) and Medanta – The Medicity (Gurugram).
He is a dedicated academician who has been actively involved in Dr. Ahlawat initiated Urology training M.Ch. and D.N.B. programs at prominent medical institutions of the nation.
He has received the title of Honorary Lecturer, conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), U.K. in 1995 for his work at the Institute of Urology and Nephrology there.
He has obtained medical education from premier institutions of India, and been awarded several fellowships from renowned medical centers.View Detailed Profile
- 24 Hr Pharmacy
- Ambulance Services
- Appointment Scheduling
- Blood Bank
- Business Centre
- Car Hire
- Flight Booking
- Foreign Exchange Services
- Free Wifi
- Health Insurance Coordination
- Hotel Booking
- Intensive Care Unit
- International Executives
- Internet Access
- Interpreter Services
- Medical Records Transfer
- Mobility Accessible Rooms
- Nursery / Nanny Services
- Online report facility
- Pathology Lab
- Private Rooms
- Radiology Lab
- Recliner Lounge
- Stem Cell bank
- Treatment packages
- TV in room
- Valet Parking
- Welcome Package
Dr. Naresh Trehan is an ace cardiologist. This hospital is one of the best. I am amazed at their level of professionalism
Get Free Quotations for Knee Replacement