- Medanta – The Medicity is amongst India’s largest and most renowned multi-super specialty healthcare center with 1250 beds, 29 super specialty units and more than 800 accomplished doctors.
- Supported by state-of-art infrastructure, all the departments in the hospital are fully equipped with the cutting-edge technology, modular Operation Theatre and modernized monitoring systems in ICUs.
- Further to its credits, the doctors at Medanta are highly trained experts with international repute and have contributed in making world records and claimed many firsts not only in India but on a global scale, especially for procedures like Liver transplant, intestine transplant and Knee Replacement surgery.
- Apart from these specialties, clinical excellence is also marked by other departments like Cardiac surgeries and Neurosurgeries.
- Medanta is renowned for providing world-class service to its patients.
- The hospital maintains high standard of quality clinical care and is operational with latest technologies like 256 Slice CT, Brain Suite with Intra-Operative MRI Imaging, Da Vinci surgical system with Robot for Minimal Invasive Surgery, Artis- Zeego Endovascular Surgical Cath Lab- with combined operating room.
- The Centre for Cancer has up-to-date technology for radiation surgery instruments like 4 Linear Accelerators (for IGRT/ IMRT), Cyberknife Robotic Radiosurgery system, Integrated Brachytherapy Unit with remote controlled HDR, Tomotherapy (IMRT)
- High-tech machines for diagnosis and scanning like 3.0 Tesla MRI, PET CT, Gamma Camera, Digital X-Ray, Fluoroscopy, Bone Densitometry, 3D and 4D Ultra Sound and Digital Mammography.
Centres of Excellence
- Heart Institute
- Institute of Neurosciences
- Bone & Joint Institute
- Kidney & Urology Institute
- Cancer Institute and Division of Medical Oncology
- In 2010, Medanta became the first hospital in the country to offer robotic surgeries in cardiac, urology and gynecology in a single place.
- In January 2013, a team of doctors headed by Dr. A.S. Soin from Medanta, performed the first successful intestinal transplant in India.
- Over 500 living donor liver transplants, the highest in India and 2nd highest globally.
- First successful intestinal transplant in India.First successful robotic kidney transplant.
- Highest number of renal robotic transplants in the world.World record for most number of Total Knee Replacements in least amount of time - 30 surgeries in one day by Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
- Launched India\'s first Air Ambulance termed as \'Flying Doctors India\', in 2013.
Services for International patients
- Medanta, being a top class hospital in India, is a popular choice for international patients who are seeking treatment for their medical condition in India.
- On average 20,000 International patients from more than 15 countries receive treatment per year, at Medanta – The Medicity.
- The International Patient Services of Medanta offers assistance in every step throughout the journey of the patient and attendant, starting from their country to here in India to when they are back in their home country for follow ups.
Facilities for International patients:
- Buddy system to ensure personalized care of the patient throughout the treatment process and assist in the administrative work.
- Patient support system which focuses on travel, transportation and accommodation details.
- A separate International Lounge facility.
- Expansive choice of culinary options suitable to patient’s ethnic and medical need.
- Language Interpreter to overcome the linguistic barrier.
- Nearest Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport which is around 18 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 20 min to reach the hospital.
- Nearest Railway Station: New Delhi Railway Station which is around 33.6 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 1 hr 20min to reach the hospital.
- Nearest Metro Station: HUDA City Center which is around 4 Km away from the hospital and it takes about 10 min to reach the hospital.
- Located close to many hotels and guest houses.
At A Glance
- Languages spoken : English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Established in 2009
- Total of 241 doctors
- Total of 1250 beds
Awards and recognition
- Performed over 2500 joint replacement surgeries.
- Awarded as the Best Multispecialty Hospital by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant HealthCare Global Enterprises (HCG) in 2010.
- V C Circle Healthcare Award for Single Specialty Healthcare Entity category in 2013
International Society for Quality in Healthcare
Joint Commission International (JCI) works to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. In more than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, and academic medical centers; health systems and agencies; government ministries; academia; and international advocates to promote rigorous standards of care and to provide solutions for achieving peak performance.
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations in India.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, and is registered under the Societies Act. NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories. Government of India has authorised NABL as the accreditation body for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Medanta The Medicity performs 413 different procedures. Click on a procedure name to see more details and to view doctors for that specialty.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal medicine
- Ear Nose & Throat
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
- Reproductive medicine
- Spinal Surgery
- Vascular surgery
- 24 Hr Pharmacy
- Ambulance Services
- Appointment Scheduling
- Blood Bank
- Business Centre
- Car Hire
- Flight Booking
- Foreign Exchange Services
- Free Wifi
- Health Insurance Coordination
- Hotel Booking
- Intensive Care Unit
- International Executives
- Internet Access
- Interpreter Services
- Medical Records Transfer
- Mobility Accessible Rooms
- Nursery / Nanny Services
- Online report facility
- Pathology Lab
- Private Rooms
- Radiology Lab
- Recliner Lounge
- Stem Cell bank
- Treatment packages
- TV in room
- Valet Parking
- Welcome Package
Dr. Naresh Trehan is an ace cardiologist. This hospital is one of the best. I am amazed at their level of professionalism
Medanta hospital and doctors are superb. They have a very coordinated arrangement and management. I am from Nigeria and travelled to Delhi for a urological surgery. I have been suffering from persistent pain and despite earlier treatment, there was no relief. The doctors at Medanta did an extensive medical evaluation and performed the surgery. The post-operative and follow-up care was excellent.
Medanta is one of the finest hospitals I have seen. The services provided by the medical staff and even the administrative staff were impeccable. The process of billing and payment is very smooth. I stayed at hospital for 3 days after my aortic aneurysm surgery and everything was decent. The doctor regularly came to check on me and the nurses were very helpful. I highly recommend Medanta hospital to my friends and family.
I had surgery for Bentall procedure at Medanta. It was a major surgery and I was scared. But the surgeon was so experienced and knowledgeable. He addressed all my concerns and discussed my medical history in detail. Before selecting Medanta, I researched about many hospitals in India and talked with different representatives. In the end, it was Medanta I could trust for the surgery as they have an excellent team of heart surgeons.
Get Free Quotations for Spinal Surgery