Best Fixed Braces Hospitals and Cost in Kenya
Choose from 1 best Fixed Braces hospitals in
Top Hospitals For Fixed Braces
About Fixed Braces
Fixed braces are the type of braces which cannot be removed by the patient, for eating or other purposes. These braces remain attached to the teeth. They comprise square brackets that are attached to every tooth and a wire runs through them. The purpose of these braces is to gradually moves and align the teeth into the correct position. The wire is fixed in a place using small elastic loops called modules. They can be of different types, including metal, ceramic, lingual and others. The metal braces are traditional braces that are most commonly seen. It consists of metal brackets bonded to the front of the teeth and joined with fine metal wires. The ceramic braces offer a more natural appearance as the ceramic merges with the colour of the teeth. Lingual braces are the type of braces that are worn behind the teeth, on the inside and not the front part. The offer the advantage of not being invisible to others, but they can be difficult to wear. The aim of this orthodontic treatment is to improve the overall appearance and functionality of the teeth. The braces can be used to treat conditions such as the crooked or crowded teeth, under bites or overbites, and gaps between teeth.
- The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a tertiary care providing, teaching and referral medical facility situated in the sub-Saharan Africa. The private, not-for-profit hospital has been serving patients in East Africa and beyond for over sixty years.
- Dedicated towards providing access to quality healthcare to all those who need it, AKUH offers advanced technology set-up for diagnosis, treatment and management of a variety of diseases across multiple specialities.
- It is the first hospital in East Africa and one of the total six hospitals in Africa to have the most coveted JCI accreditation, one of the highest marks of excellence for hospitals.
- The Aga Khan Univerity Hospital maintains a high standard for patient care services and provides extensive medical education to young doctors in East Africa. The hospital is known for its committed medical and administrative staff, who work together closely to provide an compassionate and caring environment to the patients and their families.
- The hospital is equipped with the latest facilities and cutting-edge technologies which sets AKUH Nairobi apart as a leading medical institution and teaching hospital in the country and beyond.
- A team of medical professionals from multiple specialities work in synergy to provide the most effective treatment services to the patients with the highest standards of healthcare. This unique team-based approach to clinical care enables patients to benefit from the diverse expertise of the medical experts.
- As Aga Khan University’s Medical College is a teaching hospital in Kenya, the medical staff follows an evidence-based approach to treatment, supported by the extensive research conducted by qualified faculty members.
- AKUH Kenya is credited for performing the first heart valve replacement in the region using an advanced technique - trans-catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
- The Aga Khan University Hospital is the first in the region to offer the Neurointerventional surgery, a less invasive procedure.
- The hospital has a vision to provide accessible, evidence-based, efficient care at an affordable cost to each and every patient. The work in research and education further supports their endeavours to improve the health of patients worldwide.