Best Pterygium Surgery Hospitals and Cost in Singapore
Choose from 2 best Pterygium Surgery hospitals in
Top Hospitals For Pterygium Surgery
About Pterygium Surgery
Petrygium surgery is a procedure to remove the non-cancerous growth on the conjunctiva of the eye. It is a minimally invasive procedure that aims to alleviate the symptoms, such as vision interference. In some cases where petrygium has become inflamed and, is affecting the vision, surgery is considered. Sometimes, a person may develop pinguecula, a small yellowish bump in the white of the eye, as a precursor to petrygium. During the operation, the growth is removed or scraped and replaced with a graft, usually an autograft (conjunctiva autograft or transplantation). Petrygium surgery is considered to be an effective treatment for this benign growth and results in improvement of vision as well as quality of life.
Average Pterygium Surgery Cost
|India||Starting from $700|
|Malaysia||Starting from $1381|
- Surfer's Eye Treatment
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital is a 345-bed private hospital located along Singapore\'s Orchard Road. The JCI accredited facility was established in 1976 by Parkway Health to cater to patients of all ages from Singapore, Southeast Asia, and international patients from all countries visiting Singapore.
- Over the last few years, it has gained immense popularity as a multi-organ transplant specialty hospital. They specialize in cardiology, oncology, and neuroscience, offering a comprehensive range of surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
- It was the first private healthcare center in Singapore to perform open-heart surgery and is also credited to establish a nuclear medicine center.
- Other than their specialties, the hospital also offers treatments covering anaesthesiology, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, dental specialties, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general surgery, medical oncology, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic surgery, otorhinolaryngology, pediatric medicine, plastic surgery, renal medicine, respiratory medicine, and urology.
- Parkway East Hospital is a private acute care facility that specializes in the fields of Obstetrics & Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT), and Ophthalmology.
- Established in 1942, under the aegis of Dr. Paglar, a Eurasian general practitioner, the hospital is one of the largest and leading healthcare services providers in Asia.
- After undergoing a series of expansions and renovations, the JCI-accredited hospital is proudly serving the Eastern coast of Singapore, as well as attending patients from various other countries.
- The hospital boasts of many innovations for effective treatment and healthcare management, including Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Closed Loop Medication Management (CLMM), and Electronic Meal Ordering System (eMOS).
Infrastructure & Facilities
- 24h walk-in clinic and 24/365 Accidents and Emergency Department
- Operating unit with 5 operating rooms (OR)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- 7 delivery suites
- Day Surgery Center
- Radiology, Imaging and Diagnostic Services
- Clinical Laboratory Services
- Audiological Services
- Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Executive Health Screenings
- Pharmacy services