Best Wet Macular Degeneration Hospitals and Cost in Durban
Choose from 2 best Wet Macular Degeneration hospitals in
Top Hospitals For Wet Macular Degeneration
About Wet Macular DegenerationWet Macular Degeneration (AMD) is a condition in which the patient begins to experience vision loss in the center of his or her visual field. Treatment for this condition can include medication injections (aflibercept, pegaptanib, bevacizumab, and more), photocoagulation, and/or photodynamic therapy. In photocoagulation, the doctor will use lasers to kill abnormal blood vessels contributing to the condition. Photodynamic therapy uses a combination of medication and laser to close abnormal blood vessels.
- Surrounded by the leafy suburb of Hillcrest, Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital committed to providing effective and affordable healthcare in the community.
- Established in 2015, this 252 bedded-facility boasts an extensive range of top medical facilities and is widely known for its integrated healthcare system.
- The hospital has a team of skilled and qualified professionals working around the clock to provide comprehensive medical assistance to its patients.
The hospital offers a variety of treatments and related procedures under the following departments:
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Urology
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital strives to offer the best treatment through its state-of-the-art infrastructure complemented by the latest medical equipment and advanced technologies.
- The departments are well-equipped with modern cutting-edge facilities, air-conditioned rooms, modular operating theaters, and emergency units like ICU with specialized monitoring systems.
- The cardiac ward present in the hospital is a 10-bedded unit consisting of two-bedded and single rooms, catering to patients suffering from a variety of cardiac conditions.
- The maternity department has several LDRs (Labor delivery room), a neonatal ICU, prepartum rooms, advanced operating rooms, and a nursery.
- The hospital also has a specialized pediatric ward designed and furnished for the comfort of young children as well as their mothers. The pediatric ward has a play area to keep the children occupied and a Mom’s Lodge with a kitchenette with microwave and self-service tea and coffee.
- There is a special department dedicated to performing upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopies, bronchoscopies, ERCP, as well as Capsule Endoscopy.
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2015
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2016
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2017
- PMR Africa - Silver Arrow Award - 2015
- Ahmed Al-Kadi Private Hospital is a reputed multi-specialty hospital located in Durban, South Africa. It offers a wide variety of treatments under Pediatrics, Dentistry, Endocrinology, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Urology, and General Surgery.
- Established in 2017, the healthcare facility is a venture by the Islamic Medical Association of South Africa to make quality treatment affordable and accessible to local and international patients.
- The hospital employs a strong team of doctors, nurses, technicians, and administrative staff who are dedicated to providing personalized treatment and care.
- 24 Hour Emergency Department
- 4 Operating Theatres with a laminar flow
- Intensive Care Unit, High Care Unit, and GI Units
- Maternity Ward with Labour Ward
- Medical and Surgical Wards
- Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit
- Paediatric Ward
- Lancet Laboratory
- Private Suites
- Perumal & Partners Radiologists
- KZN Specialist Network World Hand Hygiene Competition - 2017
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2017
- PMR Diamond Award - 2017
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2018
- PMR Diamond Award - 2018
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2019
- PMR Diamond Award - 2019
- PMR Diamond Award - 2020
- Daily News Readers Choice 2nd Place Private Hospital Category - 2020