Cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery Abroad
Both a qualified surgeon and a hospital room can be very expensive. It may be wise to choose a doctor who specializes in weight reduction therapies to make sure one receives the best care at the best price.
There are various locations where one can get the procedure, however, the best must be chosen. For a cheaper process than in the home country, for example, you may travel to Turkey, India and UAE. It provides the possibility for outstanding outcomes and boasts a high standard of medical care.
Gastric bypass surgery in Turkey, India and UAE is a cost-effective weight loss surgery tool. Because one may obtain high-quality services at reasonable costs, one should choose to have bariatric surgery abroad.
- The cost of gastric bypass surgery in the Turkey is around $4,000.
- The cost of gastric bypass surgery in the India is around $3,500.
- The cost of gastric bypass surgery in the UAE is around $8,700.
- The cost of gastric bypass surgery in the USA is around $25,000.
For Gastric Bypass Surgery abroad, patient has to stay in the hospital for 4 days and outside the hospital for 10 days. The total cost of the treatment depends on the diagnosis and facilities opted for by the patient.
This is how one can save 83% to 87% on costs.
The cost of a Gastric Bypass includes:
- Preoperative diagnostic tests cost (complete blood count (CBC), urinalysis, chemistry panel, chest X-ray, ECG, and gallbladder ultrasound)
- Surgery cost
- Types of surgeries [Roux-en-Y (roo-en-wy) gastric bypass, Sleeve gastrectomy, Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch]
- Post-Operative cost (depends on the number of follow-up sessions)
- Medicine cost
- Patient’s hospital stays
Post-Surgery patients are advised to follow a proper diet plan by a nutritionist for the next 12 months.
Factors affecting the cost of gastric bypass in a medical tourism destination are:
- Cost of living in the desired destination.
- The extent of competition among the local bariatric surgery providers.
- The reputation of the weight loss surgeon.
- The chosen hospital or surgery center.
- Type of hospital and room opted (General, Twin sharing, or single room)
- The severity of the disease
- Post-surgical complication, if it happens (such as
- Haemorrhage, Infection, Blood clots)
- Cost of Blood products (if required)
- Age of the patient
- An extended stay at the Hospital
- Cost of Accommodation during follow-ups, in case the patient is not a local resident