Best Nephrologist in India
Choose from best Nephrology hospitals in India
Top Doctors For Nephrology
Nephrology refers to the study of disorders and problems related to kidneys and their internal structures. A doctor treating such disorders is called a nephrologist. The kidneys perform the most crucial task of filtering your blood and help in the formation of urine. Kidneys at times develop cancers, stones or become dysfunctional and your doctor will decide the best treatment option for you depending upon your specific medical condition.
- Renal Transplant
Dr. Dinesh Khullar
Nephrologist/ Renal Specialist | Chairman - Nephrology & Renal Transplant Medicine
MBBS, Doctor of Medicine, DM - NephrologyNew Delhi, India
Dr Dinesh Khullar is one of the best Nephrologists and Renal Specialists in India and carries over 23 years of rich experience in the medical discipline of Nephrology.
Dr Khullar is a distinguished and highly renowned specialist, recognized worldwide for his outstanding contributions and commitment to the field of renal sciences and nephrology. He is an acknowledged expert and specializes in Kidney transplantation - high-risk cases, including ABO- incompatibility & highly sensitized transplant recipient, Hemodialysis (HD) and peritoneal dialysis (PD), treatment of renal infections, related systemic disorders, diabetic nephropathy, and many more.
Dr Dinesh Khullar is a dedicated academician and has served as a teaching faculty (Lecturer & Professor) for Nephrology at premier medical institutions like DMC & Hospital, Ludhiana and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
He has obtained his medical education for esteemed medical institutions and holds fellowships from prestigious international medical facilities like Massachusetts General Hospital and the University of Alabama in the USA. He is internationally recognized for achievements and is credited with many awards. He has published numerous medical research papers in reputed national and international journals and presented several papers in significant conferences.
- High Risk Kidney Transplant patients including ABO- incompatibility & highly sensitized transplant recipient
- Newer Dialysis Modalities & Peritoneal Dialysis
- Induction therapy in Kidney Transplant Patients
- Infections related to Kidney Diseases
- Kidney in Systemic Disorders
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Hypertension and Kidney
- Sushil Malik Memorial Award Oration - “Pertinent use of drugs in chronic kidney disease” at the annual conference organized by Indian Medical Association (IMA) – South Delhi Branch (SDB)
- Awarded J.M. Patel Oration at the annual conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation – 2015
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Human Care Charitable Trust - 2011
- D. K. Pal Chaudhary Memorial Oration at Annual Meeting of Indian Medical Association (SDB) - 2005
- Sushil Malik Memorial Oration at the Annual Convention of Indian Medical Association (SDB)
Dr. Harsha Jauhari
Nephrologist | Chairman - Renal Transplantation
M.S., F.R.C.S., F.I.C.S., F.A.I.S.Gurgaon, India
- Renal (Kidney) Transplant , Renal Failure
- He was awarded the Dr. P.N.Berry Trust Scholarship by the Indian High Commission, U.K on request by the Institute of Urology, London, to train in Transplant surgery.
- In 2004, the honourable Delhi High Court appointed his by name, as a member of a High Powered Committee comprising the Health Secretary, the Union Director General of Health Services.
- In 2011, he was the only non-Govt. member of a six member team, headed by the Director General Health Services, for training to the National Transplant Organization of Spain, at Madrid.
Dr. D K Agarwal
MBBSNew Delhi, India
- Kidney Transplant
- Kidney diseases in DM & HTN
- Peritoneal Dialysis & Haemodialysis
- Renal Transplant in HIV patients & in ABO Incompatible patients
- Intensive Renal Care
- Cadaveric Renal Transplant
Dr. Shina Menon
Pediatric Nephrologist | Consultant
MBBS, MD, DCHNew Delhi, India
- Pediatric Kidney Diseases
- Urinary tract infections
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Dialysis
- Acute Peritoneal and Hemodialysis
- Continuous RenalReplacement Therapy
- Renal Tubular Diseases
- Plasma Exchange
- Kidney Biopsy
- Pediatric Transplantation
Dr. Amit Goel
Urologist | Consultant - Renal Transplant, Uro-Oncology & Laser, Laproscopic Urology
M.S. (General Surgery), MCh (Urology), Fellowship (Uro Oncology & Robotic SurgerGurgaon, India
Dr. Amit Goel is a leading urologist and kidney transplant specialist with more than 11 years of experience in the medical field. He has obtained his medical education from top institutions in India and have received Fellowship training in Urological Cancers and Robotics from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi. Dr. Goel is reputed as a pioneer in the field of urology and has an extensive experience of treating more than 3000 urological cancers and performing several Laparoscopic Urological Cancer surgeries in Dhaka. His area of expertise include General Urology, Endoscopic Surgeries, Laparoscopic procedures, Renal Transplants, urological/penile reconstruction and many others. He also specializes in performing laser or key-hole surgeries for removal of kidney stones. Dr. Amit Goel has been awarded European Resident Education Travelling Fellowship by Urological Society of India and has completed Observership at M.D Anderson Cancer Centre, Huoston, Texas, U.S.A. He has authored several papers and presented various abstracts in various national and international journals. He has also presented videos and research papers at several National and International conferences.
- Kidney Transplants with Lap Donor Nephrectomies and Vascular Access for Haemodialysis
- Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic Partial Nephrectomy for urological cancers, Radical Nephrectomy for Kidney cancer.
- Amputation of Penis with Inguinal Lymph Node dissection for treatment of Penis cancer.
- Open, Laparoscopic and Radical Prostatectomy for Cancer Prostate.
- Laparoscopic, Robotic and Radical Cystectomy by Minilap (small) incision with Neobladder/Ileal conduit for Cancer Bladder.
- Open or Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node dissection for Testis Tumour, Laparoscopic and Open Adrenalectomy and treatment of Retroperitoneal Tumours.
- Reconstructive surgeries : Penile Prosthesis Implant (3 piece inflatable and malleable) and Artificial urinary Sphincters, Penile Venous Leak Surgery, Urethroplasties, Ureteric Reimplantations, Pyeronies Disease treatment, Hypospadias Surgery, Artificial Urinary Sphincter for Male Incontinence
- Laser surgery for Prostate enalrgement such as HOLEP
- Laser/Key Hole surgeries for Kidneys Stones including PCNL, URS, RIRS
- Pediatric Urology
- Andrology Male Infertility
- Treatment of female urological problems, sling surgery for leakage of urine and Laparoscopic vaginal vault prolapse surgery
- Rank 1 for USI-OLYMPUS International Travel Fellowship by Urology Society of India in USICON-2011.
- Attended European Urology Residents Education Programme, EUREP - 2011, at Prague (Czech Republic)
- Received prize for Podium Video presentation at Indian Cancer Congress in 21-24th Nov, 2013 in Delhi.
- Awarded first Prize in Examination Quiz at USI-EZ held in Aug 2009 at IPGMER, Kolkata
Dr. Anant Kumar
Urologist | Chairman - Urology & Kidney Transplant
M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery), DNB (Urology), M.Ch(Urology), FMGEMSNew Delhi, India -
Dr. Anant Kumar is one of the most experienced Urologists & Kidney Transplant surgeons in India. He is highly reputed for his expertise in the field of Uro-Oncology and Robotic & Kidney Transplantation.
A leading robotic & laparoscopic surgeon in India, Dr. Anant Kumar is widely known as the best kidney specialist in Delhi and North India. He along with his team has performed over 3500 kidney transplants in his 38 years of medical career and more than 500 robotic surgeries in the past 5 years.
He is highly renowned for his expertise in laparoscopic kidney removal, having performed over 2200 laparoscopic donor nephrectomies. Dr. Anant is one of the best urologist in India with expertise and training in Urological Oncology, Laser Urological Surgery and Reconstructive Urology. He also has a special interest in surgical aspect of Renal vascular hypertension.
Being a highly skilled kidney stone specialist, he has been involved in numerous endourological procedures for kidney stone treatment. Dr. Anant Kumar also offers treatment for benign prostate hyperplasia using in using green light laser and Holmium laser (HOLEP).
He also has experience of performing reconstructive urology procedures of bladder, urethra and kidney, and has conducted over 700 urethral stricture surgery. Dr. Anant is a popular name when it comes to laparoscopic urology with special focus on laparoscopy for cystectomy, radical prostatectomy, & partial nephrectomy. He is considered a pioneer for starting Robotic assisted urological surgery for treatment of kidney cancer, prostate cancer and bladder cancer. He also uses these techniques for urological reconstructions, including pyeloplasty and bladder augmentation.
- Bladder Augmentation
- Kidney Transplant
- Robotic Urology
- Urethral Structure Surgery
- Vesicovaginal And Ureterovaginal Fistula
- Hewett Gold Medal, Provincial Medical Service Association
- K.L.Gold Medal for first position in Surgery
Dr. Kailash Nath Singh
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DNB (Nephrology) ,MNAMS,FISN(Nephrology)New Delhi, India
- Kidney Disease
- Dialysis (Heamo & Peritoneal)
- Organ Transplant (Kidney & Liver)
Dr. Neerav Goyal
MBBS, DNB (Surg), DNB (GI Surg & Liver Transplant)New Delhi, India
- Liver Transplant
Dr. Vijaya Rajakumari
Nephrologist & Renal Transplant Surgeon | Senior Consultant
MBBS, MS (Surgery), DNB, FRCS, IDCCMNew Delhi, India
Dr. Vijaya Raja Kumari is a renowned Laparoscopy and Kidney Transplantation surgeon with more than 19 years of experience. She is a highly skilled surgeon and has dealt with several high risk cases for transplantation surgery in her career as a transplant surgeon. Dr. Vijaya holds expertise in laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, nephrology and renal transplant surgery.She has attained her educational qualifications from nationally recognized medical institutions and fellowship from coveted Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. To her credit, she has received many awards for her outstanding work and dedication in the field of medicine. She has published a number of paper in national and international journals. Education
- Kidney Transplant
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Dr. Sarathchandra award, 1990 in the field of clinical surgery by Tamil Nadu state
Indian Medical Assosciation - Tamil Nadu State branch awarded the following state awards for the year 1990:
- Dr. Subramanian Award for best outgoing in clinical surgery
- Dr. Varadarajan Award for best outgoing in surgery
- Dr. S.G.Rajarathinam Award for overall performance
- Dr. Guruswamy Mudaliar prize
- (Prof.) Dr. LalithaKameswaran prize
Dr. Vishal Saxena
Nephrologist | Additional Director
M.B.B.S, MD, DNB (Nephrology)Gurgaon, India
Dr. Vishal Saxena is a leading Nephrologist & Renal specialist in Delhi, and has over a decade of experience in treating kidney related diseases.
He specializes in kidney transplantation procedure, including for ABO incompatible transplants, and treatment of renal infections and diseases, and other kidney procedures.
He is one of the top kidney doctors in Gurgaon and Delhi-NCR.
He is a member of various renowned medical association related to Nephrology.
Clinical Focus• Renal Transplantation including ABO incompatible transplants • Primary glomerular diseases • Critical care Nephrology • Chronic Kidney Disease
Best Nephrology Hospitals
Medanta The MedicityGurgaon, India
Indraprastha Apollo HospitalsNew Delhi, India
Artemis HospitalGurgaon, India
BLK Super Speciality HospitalNew Delhi, India
Recommended doctors for you
5 average based on 5 reviews.