Dr. Ashu Abhishek is renowned as one of the best radiation oncologists in Delhi-NCR with a rich experience of over 13 years in the field in medicine. His expertise lies in the use of high precision radiation therapy and radiosurgery techniques, such as CyberKnife, Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), among many others.
Dr. Ashu also has special interest in the treatment of cancers of pancreas, lungs, prostate as well as head & neck. He is a highly qualified specialist with medical qualifications from prestigious institutions of the nation. He has further obtained training and fellowships in advanced techniques such as SRS, Image Guided Radiation Therapy, Tomotherapy, Brachytherapy from world-famous medical centers, including Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Canada and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, USA.
Dr. Ashu has been one of the core team members of the Cyberknife Radiosurgery and SBRT program at Medanta. He is currently associated with Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) as Unit Head and is actively involved in applying sophisticated radiation techniques for cancer treatment.
• Cyberknife Robotic Radiosurgery
• Radiation techniques: 3D conformal RT, IMRT, IGRT planning and delivery, VMAT, 4D RT, Tomotherapy, SBRT, SRT, SRS : Elekta set-up
• Brachytherapy: IBU with HDR micro selectron, Intraluminal/ Interstitial Brachytherapy, prostate seed Brachytherapy
• Treatment of Prostate Cancer
• Treatment of pancreatic cancer
• Treatment of lung cancer & Head-Neck Malignancies