15 Best Neurosurgeons in India
Brain is one of the extremely complex organs in our body and so are the medical conditions related with it. In fact, a study by WHO suggest that neurological disorders are priority medical problems worldwide. These disorders are accountable for around 8.7% of premature deaths and disability across the world (published by Neurological Society of India).
Neurosurgery is a medical discipline primarily concerned with diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders of brain, spine, cerebrovascular system and nervous system. The conditions associated with them include stroke, dementia, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, central nervous system (CNS) infections and neoplasms.
Neurosurgeons are the specialists involved in the curative treatment of such neurological conditions of the nervous system, brain and spine. Several are expert in specialties like neuro-vascular surgery, paediatric neurosurgery, pituitary surgery, radiosurgery, spine and spinal cord surgery, epilepsy and movement disorders. Some of the treatment offered by neurosurgeons in India include treatment of aneurysms, AVMs, carotid stenosis, strokes, and spinal malformations, and vasospasms – to name a few.
The neurosurgeons in India go through extensive education and training with proficiencies in all kinds of surgeries, from basic to advance. The best surgeons in the field of neurosurgery offer several treatment options at an affordable cost with a high standard of clinical care. Top neurologist in India are proficient in life changing methods like: Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cyber knife for tumour treatment and Gamma knife treatment in India.
What to look for in the Best Neurosurgeon?
The surgeons contribute significantly to the success of an operation, whether it is a simple procedure or a major one. Brain & spinal surgeries are extremely complex procedures and only a genuine and reputed expert with significant experience and knowledge can be considered the best. Therefore, choosing the best neurology doctor in India for yourself or your near ones is no trivial task.
Here are some pointers which can help you in picking the Best Neuro in India:
- Check the credentials – A neurosurgeon is a highly qualified and trained surgeon with many degrees and specializations.
- The top Neurosurgeon will have:
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCH (Neurosurgery), DNB/FRCS/MRCS;
- Fellowship and Training Programs from International Colleges and Hospitals;
- Publications in renowned scientific and medical journals;
- Significant clinical experience.
- Take referrals – Recommendations and referrals from local doctors, family, friends and healthcare consultant websites like Lyfboat.com can help you in picking the right doctor.
- Consider the hospital – The status of the hospital, facilities offered, infrastructure and quality of clinical care – are all important factors to be considered. The neurology division of hospital must have all the required equipment and instruments for diagnosis and therapeutic procedures.
- Research online – Go online and research the internet to know more about the neurosurgeons and read their patient reviews. You can read about the number of surgery the specialist has performed, the hospitals he has worked with and his area of expertise.
The Top Neurosurgeons in India are highly renowned and efficient specialists with expertise in various brain and spine surgeries. They are highly sought after on a global level as they are associated with the best hospitals which makes Neurosurgery in India a popular demand. The Top Neurosurgery Hospitals in India are equipped with the latest technology and top-notch facilities to enable the treatment of challenging and complicated neurological cases. This makes travelling to India for getting a good treatment a lucrative option for a great number of international patients struggling with their medical condition. You can post your questions on Lyfboat.com to enquire about the medical condition, details of procedures and treatment options available. The website like ours can help with getting in touch with the best hospital and surgeon in India for you or your family member and even assist you with all the travel requirements.
Here is a list of 15 Best Neurosurgeons in India recommended by us:
- Dr. V P Singh is an acclaimed Neurosurgeon in India with three decades of professional experience in the surgical field in which he has performed 400 intracranial aneurysms surgeries and many advanced procedures.
- He is highly qualified with MBBS and M.Ch – Neurosurgery from prestigious medical institution – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, along with advanced training in Cerebrovascular Surgery at Newcastle upon Tyne and Radiosurgery at Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK.
- He is currently Chairman – Institute of Neurosciences at Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon.
- He is an acknowledged pioneer and expert in the field of Neurosurgery, having started the Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Epilepsy Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- He has published and authored over 70 papers and chapters in well-recognized journals and books. He is a member of many renowned medical societies.
- Dr. Rana Patir is a highly renowned and Best Neurosurgeons in India and presently works as Director& HOD for Neuro & Spine surgery at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
- Dr. Patir holds degree of MS (General Surgery), M.Ch (Neurosurgery)from the esteemed medical intuition – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India and Fellowship in Neurosurgery from UK.
- His specialization lies in the field of Minimal Invasive Brain and Spine Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Neurovascular surgery, Extra Cranial-Intracranial Bypass Surgery, Paediatric Neurosurgery and Epilepsy Surgery.
- He is one of the highly experienced neurosurgeons in India with more than 25 years and has performed more than 10,000 neurological procedures.
- Dr. Arun Saroha is one of the Top Craniotomy Surgeon in India and a leading Neurosurgeon with rich clinical experience of more than a decade.
- He is presently the Director – Neurosurgery at Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, where he is involved in performing complex and advanced brain & spine surgeries including Minimally Invasive Spine surgery, Complex Spine Surgeries, Brain tumor surgery, Disc Replacement, Transnasal Surgery.
- In his illustrious career he has successfully performed thousands (around 6,000) of Neurosurgeries (Brain & Spine) on various national and international patients.
- He is an expert in the treatment of disorders like Degenerative Spine Disorder, Brain tumors, Disc Replacements, Paediatric Neurosurgery and many more.
- Dr. (Prof.) Deepu Banerji is amongst the Best Neurosurgeons with vast experience of 32 years and backed by medical education and training from renowned national and international institutes.
- He currently holds the position of Director – Neurosurgery at Narayana Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgram and has previously worked at premier hospitals in India.
- He is considered the Top Minimal Invasive Neurosurgeon and has performed over 8,000 neurological and many others including minimal invasive and microscopic procedures.
- Dr. Banerji is credited for establishing a neurosurgery centre named Foundation in International Education in International Surgery (FIENS) at the National Neurosciences Centre, Kolkata.
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya is presently associated with Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram as Executive Director – Neurosurgery and holds 20 years of rich, clinical experience.
- He is acknowledged expert for Gamma knife surgeries in south Asia and specializes in spinal surgeries, peripheral nerve surgeries, and brachial plexus Injuries.
- Considered amongst the best neuro and spinal surgeons in Delhi – NCR, he holds special interest in Minimal Invasive and Image Guided Neurosurgery, Intracranial Tumor Surgery including skull base tumours, Functional Neurosurgery.
- He is credited to be a pioneer and innovative surgeon with immense knowledge in the field of neurosurgery. He is the recipient of the Herbert Krause Medal and the Sundt Fellowship from Mayo Clinic, USA.
Get Free Assistance from Best Neurosurgeons in India
- Dr. Madhusudan H.V is one of the Best Neurosurgeons in Bangalore and holds the position of Chief Neurosurgeon & Head of Neurosciences at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore.
- He has attained his M.Ch – Neuro Surgery degree from prestigious medical institution – National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), and a Fellowship in Spinal Surgery and Fellowship in Neuro-Oncology from University of Buffalo, USA.
- Dr. Madhusudhan has the credit of being the first to perform the lumbar disc replacement and the Inter-spinous device implantation in Karnataka (2006). In his vast clinical experience, he has performed over 7000 neurosurgeries with excellent results.
- Also, he was instrumental in establishing the Department of Neurosciences at Narayana Hrudalaya, Bangalore.
- Dr. Siddhart Ghosh is a chief Neurosurgeon in Chennai with 28 years of clinical experience of performing numerous brain and spinal surgeries.
- His special interest lies in Skull base surgery, Paediatric Neurosurgery, Neuro-oncology, Stereotactic Neurosurgery, Spine surgery, and vascular surgery.
- He has attained his medical qualifications including MBBS from National Medical College,Calcutta University and M.Ch – Neurosurgery from C M C Vellore. He is currently practising at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- He is a member of several medical associations and published a number of papers in renowned scientific journals.
- Dr. Shirish M Hastak is a renowned Neurosurgeon and Stroke specialist in Mumbai and is currently the Group Director – Neurology & Stroke Services at Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai.
- He holds expertise in the field of Management of Hyper acute stroke, Thrombolysis and Bridging Therapy for acute stroke patients.
- In his vast experience of 26 years, he has been associated with many renowned national and international hospitals for stroke management.
- He pursued fellowship in Stroke management atTUFTS Medical Centre, Boston and is a pioneer in the field of hyper acute stroke management and the use of thrombolysis in combination with mechanical intervention (bridging therapy) to help patients in acute stroke settings.
- Dr. Anil Kansal is a highly experienced and top Neurosurgeon in Delhi, presently working as Head of Neuro Spine and Neurosurgery at BLK Hospital, New Delhi.
- He completed his MBBS, M.S (General Surgery) and M.Ch (Neurosurgery) from renowned medical institutions. He received his advanced spinal training from Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital, South Korea, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery from Philadelphia, USA and Minimal Access Spine Techniques from General Hospital, Singapore.
- Dr. Anil Kansal specializes in Complex Spine Surgery and Instrumentation, Minimally invasive Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Brain and Spinal Surgery, Microscopic and Vascular Surgery, Epilepsy Surgery and Functional Neurosurgery.
- Dr. Aditya Gupta is an acclaimed and top Neurosurgeon in Delhi, with a clinical experience of over 25 years.
- He has been a topper during his medical education at eminent All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and Advanced Trainings from University of Amsterdam; Hopital, Pitie-Salpetriere, Paris; University of Marseilles; Wake Forest University, United States; University of Kiel, Germany and Fellowship from CJW Medical Centre, United States.
- Dr. Gupta is presently working as Director – Neurosurgery & CNS Radiosurgery and Co-Director – Cyberknife Centre.
- Dr. Gupta specializes in special and unique skills in managing patients of Movement Disorders with Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), Surgery for Epilepsy, Nerve and Brachial Plexus Surgery, Brain aneurysms and AVMs.
- He is an acknowledged pioneer who is credited for developing brilliant surgical techniques for various brain tumours, with a focus on microsurgery and radiosurgery.
- Dr. Bipin Walia is one of the Best Neurosurgeons in Mumbai and presently practices as Senior Director & Head – Department of Neurosurgery, Max Super Speciality, Saket.
- Dr. Walia, in his vast experience of more than 22 years, has performed more than 7000 Spinal Surgeries and has a keen interest in Minimally Invasive Surgery for spinal tumours.
- He holds a special interest in the area of Image guided surgery, Disc replacement, Endoscopic Disc surgery, Endoscopic Cranial Surgery, and Brain Tumour Surgery.
- He has completed his medical education from highly renowned medical institution – AIIMS, New Delhi, and is an expert in motion preserving surgery, including disc replacement surgery.
- Dr. P K Sachdeva is Director & Head – Neurosurgery at Venkateshwara Hospital, New Delhi and is one of the top Neurosurgeons.
- He carries 22 years of rich experience in the field of neurosurgeon with immense knowledge and expertise to his credit, and a special focus on Neuro-oncology.
- He has been associated with several top hospitals in India and also held the post of Visiting Consultant at Royal Preston hospital, UK.
- He specializes in and has been trained in Gamma Knife Radio-Surgery at the New York Medical School, USA and for cyber knife from Miami Cyberknife Centre at Miami USA
- Dr. Sudhir Dubey is an experienced and renowned Neurosurgery specialist holding more than two decades of rich clinical experience.
- He is currently working as Additional Director – Neurosurgery at Medanta – The Medicity.
- He is highly educated and trained surgeon who has practiced as neurosurgeon as New York, Memphis, Denver, Chicago and Boston and trained for endoscopic skull base procedures at UPMC Pittsburgh, USA.
- He has a keen interest in Endoportal Brain tumour, Pituitary tumour surgery, and Brain Aneurysm surgery, and Cranial Cyberknife Radiosurgery, brain and spine tumour surgery.
- Dr. Dubey has received various awards and recognition for his outstanding experience in the field.
- Dr. Sudhir Kumar Tyagi is an accomplished Neurosurgeon in India, backed by more than 22 years of experience in the field of Neurosurgery.
- Dr. Tyagi has performed over 4000 neurosurgeries in his illustrious career, and has a special focus on anterior cervical, lumbar microsurgical discectomy, clipping of aneurysm, excision of AVM malformation and cranio-vertebral junction surgeries.
- Dr. S K Tyagi is renowned for being the first surgeon in India to use Image Fusion technique to localize the targets in the deep part of the brain to perform functional stereotactic surgeries.
- He holds expertise in the surgery for brain tumours, skull base tumours, and functional stereotactic radiosurgery along with epilepsy surgeries, Spinal instrumentation.
- Dr. Karanjit Singh Narang is one of the Top Neurosurgeons in India and has more than 16 years of experience. He is currently the Associate Director- Institute of Neurosciences at Medanta – The Medicity.
- He has been accredited for performing brain tumour surgeries with high-end technology system of BRAINSuite® (intra operative MRI) with advanced navigation, the first in Asia specific region, for best resection of tumour.
- Dr. Karanjit is an accomplished neurologist and surgeon, who is skilled in performing a number of brain and spine surgeries like disc replacement surgery, endoscopic neurosurgery, endoscopic pituitary surgeries, complex skull base procedures (for Skull base tumour – Pituitary Tumour, acoustic neuromas, meningioma) and others.
- Apart from such extensive expertise, he is also skilled and trained in the latest techniques and medical procedures like performing minimally invasive spine surgeries.