10 Best Lung Cancer Hospitals in India
Lung cancer is one of the leading cause of cancer related deaths in the world. It develops due to an uncontrolled growth of cells in one or both lungs. A tumour of the lung can be benign or malignant/cancerous (spreading to other parts of the body).
Lung cancer might be primary, i.e. starting in the cells of the lungs. It is also the most common type of cancer that begins in the lungs but spreads to other parts of the body. Also, lung is a common site for metastatic cancer, which means the cancer has spread to lungs from other site of the body.
The lungs take in the oxygen and release out the carbon dioxide from the body. Cancer can develop in any individual, but risk factors such as people who smoke have a greater chance of having lung cancer. Other risk factors include exposure to pollution, radiation and asbestos.
Get Free Assistance from Best Lung Cancer Hospital in India
Lung cancer can be majorly classified into two main types based on how the cancer appears under a microscope:
Small Cell Carcinoma: It accounts for only 20% of the all the lung cancer cases. This cancer typically begins in one of the breathing tubes and grows rapidly. It is most likely to be diagnosed when the tumour is large.
Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): It accounts for almost 80% of lung cancers. It involves several types of lung cancers that are similar. These mainly includes squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and large cell carcinoma.
Lung Cancer Treatment in India
The treatment plan for a lung cancer patient is made on the basis of type, stage and location of the cancer, as well as the patient’s overall health and treatment preference. The options for lung cancer treatment in India include:
Surgery: It involves an operation to remove the lung tumour along with the surrounding tissue where the cancer may have spread. Lung cancer surgery in India can be of various types, including Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy, Wedge Lung Resections, Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS), Sleeve Lung Resections and more.
Robotic-Assisted Lung Surgery is an advanced surgical technology available at many hospitals in India for minimal invasive procedure. The hospitals such as Max Hospital, BLK Hospital and others have Da Vinci Xi system which is sophisticated robotic system that can be effectively used for complex cases of lung cancer.
Radiation Therapy: The high-energy waves are used to destroy cancer cells. Radiation can be delivered through external beam radiation or internal radiation therapy. Precision radiation delivery systems such as CyberKnife and Trilogy TX system for 3D conformal radiotherapy, IMRT, IGRT, and Gated Radiotherapy, provide radiation to the specific targets.
Chemotherapy: One or a combination of anti-cancer drugs are used to destroy the cancer cells. It is also used to prevent recurrence and can be used with other treatment such as surgery or radiation.
Targeted Therapy: This kind of cancer therapy involves the use of target based drugs designed against the patient’s cancer specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that influences the cancer growth and survival.
Immunotherapy: In this, medicines are used to prompt the body’s immune system to destroy cancer. Chemotherapy, immune therapy/hormone therapy, or targeted therapy can be included in a treatment plan along with surgery or radiation. This multidisciplinary approach provides an effective treatment for removal of the tumour along with any residual cancer cells left after one form of treatment.
Lung Cancer Treatment Cost in India
|Lung Cancer Treatment||Price in ($)||Price in (₹)|
|1||Chemotherapy||Starting from USD 300 per session||Starting from INR 22,200 per session|
|2||Radiation therapy||Starting from USD 2,800||Starting from INR 208,000|
|3||Wedge resection||Starting from USD 2,500||Starting from INR 185,000|
|4||Pneumonectomy||Starting from USD 5,000||Starting from INR 371,000|
The overall lung cancer treatment cost in India significantly depends on the choice of treatment option and technology used for it. Another major factor that influences the cost of lung cancer treatment in India is the quality of hospital and experience of the attending doctor.
The best lung cancer hospitals in India are internationally recognized, multi-accredited facilities known for delivering world-class medical care to the patients. They cater to a large volume of domestic as well as international patients from all parts of the world. There are several hospitals across various cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and others, that offer superlative cancer care to international patients.
Every top lung cancer hospital in India has a range of unique feature that sets them apart. They have the latest radiation and surgical technology for cancer treatment, which allows safe and precise eradication of tumour cells, and with lesser side effects. The lung cancer specialist in India are highly experienced and skilled professionals who work at these first-rated hospitals. They have obtained fellowships and training in the advanced oncology courses from the top medical institutes in India and abroad.
Here are some of the best lung cancer treatment hospitals in India with the details of their key cancer care facilities:
List of 10 Best Lung Cancer Hospitals in India
Press Enclave Road, Mandir Marg, Saket, New Delhi – 110017
- Max Super Speciality Hospital in Saket is one of the foremost healthcare service providers in India that offers superlative quality treatment to domestic and international patients.
- The hospital has a dedicated cancer care facility hundreds of patients with primary and secondary thoracic cancers are diagnosed and treated every year.
- The oncology department has team of trained/ board certified oncologists and specialists along with a staff of medical staff with speciality in cancer treatment.
- Each patient undergoes an extensive evaluation for staging the cancer and a personalised treatment plan is formed on its basis. This involves genetic and molecular testing, and treated with the latest and most effective protocols.
- Max Cancer Centre offers the advanced radiation therapy methods to treat cancer, including 3DCRT (three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy), IMRT, and IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy). It is the first facility in northern India to acquire Novalis TX with Exact-Trac & Robotic On Board Manager helps the doctor track tumors online and enables them to deliver a precise treatment for moving tumors such as in the lung, liver and prostate. The hospital also has facilities for Radiosurgery, HIPEC and SRS/SRT.
- Max Cancer centres has a total of 12 chemo chairs and 3 patient beds. The specialized day-care centre is a specialized facility near the hospital that offers all the services for complete comfort of the patients during chemotherapy sessions.
CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana – 122001
- Medanta – The Medcity is a highly renowned hospital amongst international patients. The hospital is one of the largest private healthcare centres in North India, with a committed medical team and specialized facilities for oncology patients.
- The Cancer Institute at Medanta is a one-stop destination for treatment of various kinds of cancers. The institute has dedicated Divisions for different branches of oncology – including – Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and multiple organ-specific surgical oncology divisions.
- The hospital has panel of experienced and trained oncologists supported by a team of organ specific specialists, oncology nurses, psychologists and other staff. The surgeons are board certified professionals in their specialities and provide excellent care to the patient. The doctors discuss all the complex cases in the meeting of specialized tumour board to have better insights on the case.
- Radiation Therapy Division at Medanta is equipped with high-end technologies such as CyberKnife VSI Robotic Radiosurgery, IGRT/IMRT, VMAT, Tomotheraphy and sophisticated equipments for diagnostic and imaging.
- Other than the common treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, Medanta Cancer Institute also offer new-age techniques such as targeted therapy and Photodynamic Therapy, a combination of laser therapy and photodynamic therapy to cure lung cancer.
Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road, New Delhi – 110076
- The Apollo Group is one of India’s largest and foremost healthcare providers, with hospitals spread across various major cities. Indraprastha Apollo in New Delhi is a flagship and highly renowned hospital of the group.
- The hospital has a committed Oncology Team comprising the best lung cancer specialists in surgical, medical & radiation Oncology. The cancer care team works in synergy with other specialists to provide the most effective treatment plan for every patient.
- The Diagnostics and Imaging for cancer involves individualized therapy profiling with molecular diagnostics and genetics.
- They have the latest technologies in Radiation therapy, including the TrueBeam STX and Proton therapy system, along with systems for Brachytherapy, IGRT, IMRT, and others.
- There is a fully established set-up for Robotic surgery which is an advanced minimally invasive technology that offer the best recovery and minimal side effects patient after cancer treatment.
- Apollo has a unique approach of Precision Oncology to diagnose, treat and monitor cancer patients with as precisely as it can get.
- The cancer care centre at the hospital works on the concept of multidisciplinary care to deliver superlative quality of treatment and personliased care. They offer individualized treatment plans that are tailored on the basis of patient’s specific indications.
- There is a regular tumor board and monthly group tumor board meetings with an agenda of discussing the cases amongst oncologists and other specialists, hence optimising treatment outcomes.
Get Free Assistance from Best Lung Cancer Treatment in India
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital is a premier medical facility situated in the country’s capital New Delhi. It offers tertiary and quaternary healthcare services across multiple specialities, including cancer care.
- The Cancer Centre at BLK ranks amongst the most comprehensive oncology specific center in the entire region. The centre has 100 dedicated beds, latest oncology equipments and team of oncologists and organ-specific specialist.
- The hospital offers VATS (Video assisted thoracoscopic surgery) and Complete thoracoscopic surgeries for lung cancer treatment, including Pneumonectomy , Lobectomy and segmentectomy.
- BLK is one of the few hospitals to have Cyber-knife VSI for precise cancer treatment approach. This was Asia’s first and world’s seventh installation of its kind.
- The Cancer Centre offer a holistic care plan to treat cancer which is customized on the basis of patient’s condition.
- The Robotic Surgical Programme at BLK Cancer Centre is another exemplary feature of the hospital. It offers the most advanced robotic techniques and procedures for lung cancer surgery, including minimal access to oncological Thoracic surgery including Robotic-assisted Thoracic Surgery (RATS). The advanced Da Vinci Xi System is available at the hospital and the patient can expect a rapid and faster recovery with minimal scars and better aesthetic outcomes.
- Some of the top specialists in the field of Robotic Surgery work at BLK Hospital, along with a team of internationally trained oncologists to provide comprehensive care to the patient.
Vasundhara Enclave, Near New Ashok Nagar Metro Station, Dallupura, New Delhi, Delhi – 110096
- When it comes to cancer treatment, Dharamshila Narayana Hospital is one of the finest medical facilities in the country. It is the vast experience of more than two decades in diagnosing and treating lung cancer that sets the hospital apart.
- The Lung Cancer Centre at Dharamshila is a dedicated facility that provides a comprehensive range of services to patients. They have a multidisciplinary team approach towards diagnosis and treatment. Every patient receives a coordinated and tailored treatment plan based on their unique situation and personal needs.
- The multidisciplinary team of highly skilled and qualified doctors involve the full panel lung/thoracic surgeons, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist and Interventional Pulmonologists supported by Nutritionists, social workers and rehabilitation therapists.
- They all work closely to provide patients high standard and innovative treatment programs.
- Dharamshila Narayana Hospital offers the most advanced technology for Lung cancer treatment in India, including options such as radiation therapy with IMRT / IGRT Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT), chemotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, Targeted Therapy, Biological Therapy and Immunotherapy.
- The lung cancer centre offers services such as genetic testing of the tumor cells for diagnosis and staging of non-small cell lung cancer patients. This helps the cancer specialists to formulate evidence based treatment plans and it is the reason behind their higher cure rates.
Best Lung Cancer hospitals in Mumbai
Rao Saheb Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bunglows, Andheri (West), Mumbai – 400053
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital is one of the best lung cancer hospitals in Mumbai, with a world-class infrastructure and a comprehensive range of facilities.
- The Centre for Cancer at the hospital brings together broad scope of oncology services, including counselling, screening and diagnosis, treatment, pain management and palliative care.
- The hospitals has EDGE™ Radiosurgery system from Varian Medical Systems, the first of its kind in Asia. This technology offers a precise, non-invasive alternative to open surgery method, with no incisions and better healing, and recovery. It has a greater precision which improves the quality of outcomes in cancer treatment.
- A multidisciplinary team with expertise in different branches of oncology and other specialities provide exceptional care to cancer patients.
- The centre has a Day Care Chemotherapy Unit that allows patients to have therapy on an outpatient basis.
- Most of the surgeries for lung cancer at Kokilaben Hospital are performed with Video Assisted Thorocoscopic Surgery (VATS), a keyhole technology that involves lesser postoperative pain, early recovery, minimal scars and reduced hospital stay.
- The hospital also offers Robot-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery, an advanced surgical technique for early stage cancer.
- Other procedure for lung cancer treatment at the Cancer centre of the Kokilaben hospital include Lung Sparing surgery (Sleeve Lobectomy), Mediastonscopy for staging, Endobronchial Ultrasonography (EBUS), Bronchoscopy, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) or CT-guided biopsy for obtaining tissue sample from the tumour.
- The hospital is also equipped with advanced diagnostic equipment, such as PET CT whole body, MRI, Mediastinoscopy and other diagnostic surgical procedures.
- Wockhardt Hospitals is a top-class medical facility that offers tertiary and quaternary medical care to patients from all parts of India and abroad.
- The hospital has an established oncology unit with both inpatient and outpatient services for patients with cancer. A multidisciplinary team of oncologists working together with various other doctors to delivered superlative care. The department uses the most updated technologies and equipment to ensure that patients receive a complete care for their condition.
- Wockhardt is connected to the leading pharmaceuticals and equipped with cutting-edge technologies to improve the outcomes of cancer treatment and help patients live a normal life.
- The diagnosis and imaging department facilitated with advanced instruments such as PET CT scan, MRI, and others. This allows accurate evaluation and diagnosis of the patient’s cancer and its stage.
- Wockhardt Hospital has special provisions for provide family-centered care in a homely environment, to ensure comfort of the patient and their family.
Best Lung Cancer hospitals in Bangalore
- Columbia Asia Yeshwantpur is a first-rated healthcare facility that offers excellent services across multiple specialities and branches of medicine.
- The department of oncology at the hospital offers a comprehensive cancer care program for various types of cancer. The medical team at Columbia Asia Hospitals includes surgical medical and radiation oncologists, working with virtually all specialists to diagnose and treat cancers.
- The standards of patient services offered by this hospital is of superior quality. The medical staff delivers a treatment with personalized care for the patient. The doctors use evidence based medicine and international protocols for surgery and other treatment methods.
- The cancer specialists in the team are highly trained professional who regularly undergo skill upgradation training. They are supported by oncology nurses and other paramedical staff specially trained in treating cancer patients. There are services for counselling and family support that are offered for patient as well as their families.
- The cancer care program also involves palliative care for patient who have a progressive, rapidly disease and are not responding to other treatment. This treatment aims to make reduce the pain and improve the symptom as much as possible.
67, Uttarahalli Main Rd, Sunkalpalya, Kengeri, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560060
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals in Bangalore that offers a wide range of services for domestic and international patients.
- The hospital has a fully functional Multi Super Specialty Organ Specific Cancer Care centre to provide an integrated treatment approach involving multiple super specialists from different medical specialities.
- There is a multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified cancer experts including medical oncologists, surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists, and they all work together to treat the patient with the best possible options.
- The patients receive individualised chemo treatment for every patient with personal care service in an exclusive day care chemotherapy ward. The hospital is equipped with newer technologies for, Targeted therapy and Immunotherapy.
- For radiation delivery, the specialists use Stereotacic radiotherapy (SRT), Modulated radiosurgery, Intensity Rapid ARC (volumetric modulated ARC therapy), Image guided radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), 3D conformal radiotherapy (3DCRT) and more.
Best Lung Cancer hospitals in Chennai
- Global Hospital is one of the largest and the best lung cancer treatment hospitals in Chennai. It is a hospital of one of the leading healthcare groups in India, the Global Health group.
- Global Health City, Chennai aims provides an integrated approach to the cancer patients with a focus on health as well as happiness. They provide a range of healthcare services in an empathetic manner to help patients throughout the treatment process.
- We strive our hardest to help you prevent serious ailments and even more so if you’re already fighting an ailment. At every step we are with you to help you and bring you the health you cherish.
- A diverse team of cancer experts at Global Hospital includes surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pulmonary specialists, radiologists, dieticians, psychologist and others who together to determine the treatment plan for each patient based on their individual cancer cases.