13 Best Neurology Hospital in India
Our nervous system is a highly complex part of the body and comprises of brain, spine and all types of nerves. The clinical or surgical interventions to treat ailments of brain & spine are as complex, if not more. The branch of medicine that deals with treatment of neurological disorders and diseases is known as Neurology.
Some of the nervous system complications arise due to birth defects (Congenital disorders) while others due to hereditary reasons or a trauma/injury. There are various sub-specialties that come under neurology, such as Neuroradiology, neurorehabilitation, interventional neurology, neuro-immunology and many others. Neurosurgery involves operations on brain and spinal cord by a qualified specialist (Neurosurgeon) to treat neurological conditions such as tumors, stroke, aneurysm, etc.
Several new techniques and pioneering methods have been introduced over the past decades to optimize the safety of the neurological procedures and to treat previously untreatable diseases. The next-generation technology have enabled surgeons to perform the operations on brain and spine with more precision and accuracy, significantly improving the clinical outcomes of such interventions.
Get Free Assistance for Best Neuro Hospitals in India
Here are 13 Best Neuro Hospitals in India:
No. of Beds: 1000 Beds
- FMRI is a premier multi-specialty hospital quaternary care hospital with world class infrastructure and international standard of medical services and facilities.
- It is a top neuro hospital in India with Neurosciences being a ‘Centre of Excellence’ and comprising of Departments for Interventional neuroradiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery.
- The department of neurosurgery is one of the best and offers services like neurovascular surgery, spinal surgery, paediatric neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, deep brain stimulation for movement disorders, functional and stereotactic neurosurgery. The hospital has some of the best neurosurgeon in India working at this department.
- The services offered at the Neurology department includes management and assessment of multiple sclerosis, management of epilepsy, brain stroke and several other neurological disorders.
- The hospital has the latest and advanced technologies including Leksel stereotactic system, Gamma Camera with SPECT (Single photon emission computed tomography), Interventional Radiology Suite, to name a few.
- Interventional Neuroradiology Department uses minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases like lesions of the brain and spine through an endovascular approach.
No. of Beds: 1250
- Medanta – The Medicity is a forerunner healthcare service provider offering quaternary care across its 29 super specialties.
- The Institute of Neuroscience at Medanta is a ‘Center of Excellence’ equipped with the latest technological advancements to maximize the clinical output and ensure patient satisfaction.
- Some of the most updated technology used for neurosurgery at Medanta include CyberKnife Robotic Radiosurgery system, ‘Brain Suite’ – Miyabi intra-operative Theatre with MRI which is one of its kind set-up in the country, and Intraoperative O-Arm spine suite, Biplane Cath lab and advanced neuro-imaging techniques.
- The panel of expert neuro-specialists at this hospital are world renowned neurosurgeons and neurologists who are highly qualified and trained in the advanced techniques and procedures of neurosciences.
- The Medanta Comprehensive Stroke Center has an integrated and robust system for management of all kinds of strokes including Ischemic Strokes, TIA (Mini Stroke or warning signs), Acute Stroke, Repeat Stroke and Hemorrhagic Stroke, adult and pediatric strokes.
No. of Beds: 400
- Artemis Hospital is a world-class super-specialty hospital with JCI accreditation, state-of-the-art infrastructure and cutting-edge technology.
- The Artemis Agrim – Institute of Neurosciences is one of the Centre of Excellences of the hospital.
- The centre offers a comprehensive range of services and facilities for neurosurgery including brain tumor surgery, skull base surgery, deep brain stimulation, spine surgery, radiosurgery, surgery for epilepsy, minimally invasive spine surgery and many others.
- The team of dedicated doctors at Artemis are expert specialists with years of experience and training in advanced treatment procedures.
- The latest technology for diagnostics and therapeutic care are available at this hospital to ensure the patients receive the reliable treatment. M6 Cyberknife Radiosurgery technology available at Artemis Hospital is one of the most advanced technologies in the world for cancer treatment
- The neurology and interventional neurology services offered at Artemis are wide ranging, including pediatric neurology, intracranial stenting, spinal angiogram and management of stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and other neuro-muscular disorders.
No. of Beds: 500+
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket is one of the top neurology hospitals in Delhi-NCR. It is a state-of-the-art medical facility with national and international accreditations like JCI and NABH.
- The Max Institute of Neurosciences makes this hospital one of the best neuro hospitals in India where a wide range of services and facilities are offered for neuro patients.
- This centre of excellence at Max is equipped with the most updated technologies like BrainSuite intraoperative OT with MRI image guidance which allows precise surgery for brain tumors and other operations. Other latest equipment like neuro-navigation system, stereotaxy, High-end microscope for surgery to name a few, are available at this Neurosciences centre.
- A dedicated team of experienced and skilled specialists including neurosurgeons, neurologists, interventional neuroradiologists and pediatric neurologists practice at Max.
- There are special centres for Epileptic, Neuromuscular and movement disorders along with advanced brain tumour centre and Endoscopic surgery.
No. of Beds: 700
- The Apollo Institute of Neurosciences is an integrated center of excellence offering services in various specialties – Neurosurgery, Neurology, Interventional Neurology, Neuro-psychology, Neurophysiology, Neuro Anesthesia and neuro-rehabilitation
- The centre is equipped with latest technologies including BrainLab Navigation System and Neuroradiology unit with Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA), 64 Slice CT, 3T MRI for accurate diagnosis.
- The hospital offers special services for Stroke Programme, Comprehensive Epilepsy Programme, Movement disorder Programme, Pain management, Neuropsychology.
- The globally renowned neuro specialists at Max are amongst the best neurologist in India and have years of experience in their field of expertise.
Get Free Assistance for Best Neuro Hospitals in India
No. of Beds: 325
- Venkateshwar Hospital is one of the premier super-specialty tertiary care medical facilities in Delhi with world-class infrastructure and clinical excellence.
- The neurology and neurosurgery department at this hospital are state-of-the-art facilities offering services and have a dedicated team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, pediatric neurologists, neurophysiologists and interventional neuro-radiologits.
- The latest diagnostic instruments available at Venkateshwara include 256 Slice CT Scan, Neck and Head Ultrasound, 3 Tesla MRI and equipment for Neurophysiologic studies including EEG and EMG.
- A comprehensive range of services are offered by Neurology and Neurosurgery department – stroke management, treatment of neuromuscular diseases, management of Multiple sclerosis along with surgical interventions like Minimally Invasive and Endoscopic Neurosurgery, Microsurgical excision of brain tumours, skull base surgery, stereotactic surgery and many others.
- Dr. P K Sachdeva
- Dr. Rahul Sharma
- Dr. Dinesh Sareen
No. of Beds: 650
- BL Kapur Super Specialty Hospital is one of the top tertiary care hospitals in Delhi offering a wide range of medical services across multiple specialties.
- BLK Center of Neurosciences is one of the best brain hospital in India with specialized units for Advanced Aneurysm Treatment Unit, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Unit – Neuro Spine Surgery Unit, Neuro-endoscopy Unit, Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Stroke Unit.
- The centre has Cyberknife treatment for brain tumors and vascular surgery which is one of the world’s latest technological advancements.
- The highly skilled and qualified panel of doctors in this department are experts of different subspecialties Neurologist, Best Neurosurgeons, Neuro-oncologists, Neuro-anesthetist and Neuro-critical specialists.
- Dr. Anil Kumar Kansal
- Dr. Rajiv Anand
- Dr. Atul Prasad
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road is the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group Southern Region and one of the best hospitals in Chennai.
- It is the best neurology hospital in Chennai and is credited for launching the first fully functional Advanced Centre for Movement Disorders in South India.
- The Apollo Institute of Neurosciences at Chennai is a centre of excellence of the hospital and an integrated unit with services including Neuroradiology, Neuro ICU, Medical and Radiation Oncology services for treatment of brain and spine tumor.
- The hospital has some of the latest technologies of the world for brain and spine surgery like Cyberknife, Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Robotic Neurorehabilitation, Surgery for Stroke/Stroke Prevention, Micro – Neurosurgery and many more.
- The expertise and experience of the highly skilled neuro-specialists and neurosurgeons at Apollo Chennai ensure effective results and excellent clinical outcomes.
- Dr Balasubramaniam S
- Dr Geetha Lakshmipathy
- Dr Balamurugan M
- Dr Chandrasekar K
- Dr Siddhartha Ghosh
No. of Beds: 750
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital is amongst the list of top hospitals in India and is the only hospital in Mumbai with four accreditation – JCI, CAP (USA), NABH and NABL.
- The hospital is a world-class medical centre built with an international standard of infrastructure and equipped with the most updated medical equipments.
- The Centre for Neuroscience is a state-of-the-art facility which combines high-tech facilities with a patient centre approach to optimize the clinical outcomes.
- The centre is equipped with advanced technology for neuroimaging such as 128 channel Intraoperative EEG, IMRIS intraoperative imaging, ZEISS OPMI Pentero Microscope and Neuronavigation system
- The hospital is considered one of the best neurosurgery hospitals in India and is equipped with some of the world’s latest technology for brain surgery, like Cavitron Ultrasonic Aspirator (CUSA), Leksel stereotactic system and Novalis TX(Stereotactic Radiosurgery).
- Dr. Mohit Bhatt
- Dr. Abhaya Kumar
- Dr. Hrishikesh Sarkar
No. of Beds: 215
- Narayana Health is a leading healthcare service providing group in India and Narayana Super Specialty Hospital in Gurgaon is one of their flagship hospitals.
- The hospital offers a wide range of clinical services for domestic as well as international patients. Narayana provides a combination of world-class infrastructure, latest technology and instruments in the field of medicine along with a team of expert specialists, all in one place.
- The department of Neurology cater to a wide variety of neurological disorders and offer services for epileptic care, cerebral stroke along with evaluation and management of complex neuromuscular disorders.
- There are well-established units for subspecialties like Neurorehabilitation for acute smooth recovery of neurological patients and Interventional Neurology for treatment of problems like paralytic strokes, brain aneurysms, stenting and embolization.
- The Neurosurgery department has modular operating rooms, special neurosurgical intensive care unit and neuro-rehabilitation program to help patients recover and resume normal lifestyle after surgery.
- Dr. Deepu Banerjee
- Dr. Sahil Kohli
- Dr. Anurag Saxena
No. of Beds: 380
- Manipal Hospital at Dwarka, New Delhi is a premier multi-specialty healthcare facility with a comprehensive range of medical services and facilities.
- The departments of neurology and neurosurgery at Manipal Hospital are state-of-the-art facility with cutting edge technology and a dedicated team of specialists.The department offers special programs for sub-specialties like stroke management, epilepsy treatment and movement disorders along Neuro-immunology and advanced Neurophysiology lab.
- The advanced diagnostic equipment at the department like 3-Tesla MRI, 128-slice CT scan, PET-CT along with minimally invasive neurosurgical equipment ensure that the patients receive reliable treatment at Manipal.
- Dr. Kadam Nagpal
- Dr. (Lt. Gen) C S Narayana VSM
- Dr. Vikas Gupta
No. of Beds: 500
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Bangalore and offers international standard of clinical care across its multiple specialties.
- The hospital is a part of IHH Healthcare, one of the largest integrated healthcare groups and has been accredited by NABH, NABL and HALAL for its clinical excellence.
- The Neurology and Neurosurgery departments are world-class centres equipped with advanced technology and offer a wide array of services for treatment of basic to complex neurological ailments.
- The expert team of neurologists and surgeons at BGS Gleneagles Hospital are renowned specialists with global reputation and expertise in the latest techniques.
- Dr Madhusudhan B K
- Dr Kishore Rao
- Dr Prathap Kumar Pani
No. of Beds: 350
- Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road is one of the best hospitals in Mumbai and has a partnership with Partners Medical International, Boston, USA and the international arm of the Harvard Medical School, USA.
- The hospital caters to a wide spectrum of domestic as well as international patients across all the major specialties and subspecialties.
- The Brain and Spine Centre at Wockhardt offers medical treatment for the entire spectrum of neurological diseases and neuromuscular disorders.
- The centre has a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled neurologists and neurosurgeons along with medical support staff to deliver the best possible treatment to the patients.
- Dr. Aaditya Kashikar
- Dr. Pandurang Reddy M.