Best Myeloma Treatment Hospitals and Cost in India
Choose from 33 best Myeloma Treatment hospitals in India
Top Hospitals For Myeloma Treatment
About Myeloma Treatment
Myeloma is a blood disorder which is commonly referred to as blood cancer. It affects the plasma cells of the blood. The function of plasma cells is to produce antibodies and to provide immunity to the body, it is when these cells become malignant (cancerous) the condition is called blood cancer. Development of myeloma hinders the production of healthy red blood cells and their function. The treatment of myeloma includes many options like chemotherapy, immunomodulators, radiation therapy and stem cell transplant etc. At times a combination of one or more therapies is used to treat the condition effectively.
Average Myeloma Treatment Cost
|India||Starting from $7200|
- Artemis Hospitals is one of India’s foremost medical centre for tertiary care across multiple specialities. The hospital offers specialized healthcare services for cancer patients from all over the world.
- The Cancer Centre at Artemis is an acknowledged centre of excellence with subdivisions focusing on specialized yet multidisciplinary care of each cancer patient.
- The hospital provides comprehensive clinical services in the field of haemato-oncology for treatment of various kinds of blood cancer such as lymphomas, Leukaemias and Myelomas. This includes options such as chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplantation and other alternative methods.
- The medical team at the centre includes highly qualified and experienced oncologists from different branches such as medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical specialists. They work with other experts such as haematologists to provide personalized care for patients with multiple myeloma. A team of well-trained oncology nurses, paramedical staff and counsellors also help the cancer patient and their families.
- Medical Oncology and Haematology Unit at Artemis has a team of skilled medical oncologists and haematologists who specialize in all-round care of blood and bone marrow cancer patients.
- The hospital also offers a range of round the clock services including blood bank services, a storage facility for stem cells (for bone marrow transplant) and many more. They also provide blood component therapy with a near-zero Risk transfusion record to ensure the safety and quality of blood given to the recipients.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital is a top-tier cancer hospital in Delhi that offers a range of services across all medical branches. The hospital provides various kinds of tertiary and quaternary healthcare facilities and there is a dedicated department for oncology.
- BLK Cancer Centre is one of the most holistic oncology care providing centers in the National Capital Region. There are specialty or organ-specific units that ensure dedicated care to cancer patients. The center has 100 dedicated beds and is equipped with the latest medical equipment for diagnostics as well as therapeutics.
- The team of experienced oncologists at BLK Cancer center works with and organ-specific specialists and other experts to provide wholesome oncology treatment and the best results.
- The center is known for its patient-centric approach and personalized care for each cancer patient. The excellent quality and warm hospitality at BLK center help not only the patient but also the family during the difficult treatment phase.
- For myeloma patients who are eligible for a stem cell transplant, BLK offers various kinds of BMT procedures. The center for Bone Marrow Transplant at the hospital is one of the largest in India and ranks among the list of the biggest transplant centers in Asia. The center is conducted the maximum number of bone marrow transplants in North India for the treatment of blood and bone marrow cancers and disorders. The center also holds the reputation for performing the first Match Unrelated Donor (MUD) Transplant center in the New Delhi region.
- The tumor board clinic with experts from different oncology branches including Medical, Surgical, and Radiation Oncology as well as other specialties reviews each patient case to ensure the best possible treatment.
- Max Super Specialty Hospital Saket is one of the top hospitals in India to offer superlative quality healthcare services for domestic and international patients.
- As a JCI accredited hospital, Max Saket ensures first-rate medical facilities for patient care and cutting-edge infrastructure.
- The hospital has a dedicated cancer care facility that provides complete diagnostic and therapeutic care to patients from all over the world.
- The oncology department has a team of trained and experienced oncologists as well as other organ specialists to ensure complete and effective cancer care. They are supported by oncology-trained nurses and other specialists including psychiatrists, physiotherapists, social workers and counselors who are involved with the patient and their families.
- Each patient is carefully evaluated with top-notch cancer diagnostic equipment to determine the stage and aggressiveness of cancer. This includes genetic and molecular testing, and the most updated PET scans and other imaging tools. A customized treatment plan is designed based on these evaluations to provide personalized care to the patient.
- Max hospital, Saket has a specialized facility for the Department of Haemato-oncology which dedicated to the treatment of patients with blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. They offer multiple modal treatment options with conventional as well as novel therapeutic approaches backed by strong clinical and research data. A team of hemato-oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other experts are involved in treatment planning and process for myeloma cancer.
- The Bone Marrow Transplant unit at the hospital is a well-established facility equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters for infection control.
- Max Cancer Centre has a specialized day-care facility with 12 chemo chairs and 3 patient beds near the hospital to offer complete comfort and care for the patients during chemotherapy sessions.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a leading medical centre that has been providing patients from different parts of the country and abroad exceptional healthcare services.
- As one of the best cancer hospitals in India, the specialized cancer centre at the hospital offers a comprehensive range of facilities with advanced evidence-based care methods.
- The multi-speciality hospital has a state-of-art infrastructure and the latest medical technology to deliver the first-rate clinical care across all branches of medicine.
- The cancer institute of the hospital is a stand-alone unit that offers a wide variety and combination of treatment modalities for cancer patients.
- FMRI’s Department of Haematology, Paediatric Haemoto-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplantation is a top-notch facility with 22-bedded transplant unit. The department houses a team of the cancer-specific specialists from the field of Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology, who work with haematologists, haemato-oncologists and stem cell transplant team. They provide a holistic plan for treatment based on the unique requirements of every case.
- The department is credited for conducting over 800 bone marrow transplants with the global standards and excellent outcomes (10 percent mortality).
- FMRI has a dedicated international patient services department that ensures safe and high-quality medical services to patients travelling from abroad for their treatment. The hospital routinely receives international patients from all over the world and has treated patients from 18 different countries. As the first Indian hospital to perform a BMT transplant for patients from Trinidad & Tobago, FMRI is well-known among foreign patients.
- Medanta - The Medcity is one of the best cancer hospitals in India that offers top-notch medical services across multiple specialties. The hospital has treated numerous patients from all parts of the country as well as from other countries. There is a dedicated international patients department to assist the patients and their families who travel from abroad for their treatment.
- It is one of the largest private hospitals in the Gurugram and the NCR region. The high-tech infrastructure and specialized facilities for various branches of medicine ensure effective and complete care of each patient.
- Medanta’s Cancer Institute is a one-stop location that offers integrated care with multiple disciplines of oncology under one roof. The center provides a holistic and all-inclusive diagnostics and treatment plan. The specialized divisions for Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and surgical oncology along with some organ-specific divisions enable wholesome care of the patient.
- The Department of Medical Oncology and Haemato-Oncology is a dedicated unit that delivers advanced treatment for blood and bone marrow cancers such as multiple myeloma. The combined efforts of this department provide medical and radiation therapy treatments and a customized treatment plan for every cancer patient.
- Medanta is highly credited for the superlative standards of patient care services and cutting-edge technology for oncology care. This includes advanced therapies such as immunotherapy, targeted therapy and anti-angiogenesis therapy. The Cancer Center has vast experience in research-based care with innovative and most recent treatment options, and carry out clinical trials for upcoming treatment methods.
- A panel of experienced and extensively trained cancer specialists work together at Medanta with various other experts including the organ-specific specialists, oncology nurses, psychologists and other medical staff. The tumor board meeting helps in pooling the knowledge and expertise of various doctors to ensure each patient receives the right treatment. The department of Medical and Hemato-Oncology at Medanata has a team of renowned haemato-oncologists, such as Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid. He has performed a number of bone marrow transplants with excellent success rates.
- Aster Medcity is a leading medical center and one of the best cancer hospitals in Kerala. It provides a complete range of oncology care services with integrated care from various other specialties.
- The high-tech infrastructure of the Aster hospital is supported by the latest equipment and facilities for the delivery of superior quality of care as per the national guidelines and international medical standards.
- Cancer treatment at Aster Medcity is planned and administered by highly trained experts in the specialized field of oncology. They work together with other specialists from different branches and oncology-trained nursing staff. The team of doctors at the hospital is committed to excellence in healthcare services.
- Myeloma treatment at Aster includes conventional and advanced treatment options. This includes multiple options including systemic therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and metronomic therapy. There is a daycare unit at the Chemotherapy center that also offers infusion service.
- A panel of medical oncologists, hematologists and other specialists are involved in detailed evaluation and treatment planning for each myeloma patient.
- The Bone Marrow Transplantation unit offers personalized cancer care for patients suffering from blood cancers and disorders using the appropriate type of cellular therapy. The center has supportive facilities such as onco-pathology and hemato-pathology which helps the experts to accurately evaluate the condition of the patient.
Krishna Shalby Hospital is a pioneer multi-specialty tertiary care medical facility with a capacity of 220 and a dedicated wing for international patients. First corporate hospital of Gujarat, this hospital brings together the world class medical technology and accomplished team of doctors dedicated to provide the best possible treatment for their patients. Established under the leadership of internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Vikram Shah who revolutionized the Total Knee Replacement surgery with his innovation – The Zero Technique, a minimal invasive procedure with added advantages of faster recovery time, lower cost, less bleeding, short hospital stay.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi is a flagship of the Apollo Group, one of the largest and foremost healthcare providers in India.
- The hospital receives numerous patients from neighboring countries and across the world, in addition to domestic cases.
- The Oncology Centre at Apollo is deeply committed to imparting high-end care to each cancer patient with a wide spectrum of facilities and services.
- The team of cancer specialists comprises respected specialists from the field of surgical, medical & radiation oncology work in synergy with other specialists to provide the most effective treatment plan for a cancer patient. A panel of hematologists, haemato-oncologists and medical oncologists are involved in diagnosis and management as well as treatment of myeloma blood cancer.
- The hospital offers all kinds of blood cancer treatment options based on the patient’s prognosis, including chemotherapy, surgery, stem cell transplant, radiotherapy, or a combination of certain treatments.
- There is a range of pediatric blood cancer services including treatment and management options for children with blood cancer.
- The Centre has vast experience in cellular therapy and has conducted more than 1500 Bone Marrow Transplants for replenishing the blood-forming cells in the patient’s body.
- Apollo Hospitals have international standard Blood banks that operate 24×7 and a number of emergency care facilities.
- The hospital organizes a regular and monthly group tumor board meeting at the Cancer Center to discuss each case with renowned oncologists and other specialists to ensure effective and safe treatment plans.
Columbia Asia Referral Hospital in Yeshwanthpur is a renowned super-specialty 200-bedded hospital which was established in 2008. Fully accredited with international and national organizations, this hospital is a premier medical facility with world-class infrastructure governed according to international standards of clinical care and quality control. This hospital has an excellent team of highly qualified and reputed doctors, outfitted with the latest technologies and advanced equipment.
SevenHills Hospital is a leading multi super-specialty tertiary care hospital established in 1986 and has been a premier healthcare services provider for more than three decades. Built on sprawling area of 17 acres, this world-class facility has 1500 beds with over 30 super-specialties offering excellent outpatient and inpatient facility. The hospital has maintained par excellence in quality of clinical care and safety standards, and is dedicated in providing the best possible medical services. There is an in-campus residential facility for doctors and medical support staff which can accommodate more than 300 experts, thereby assuring round the clock availability for experts for consultation.
Dr. Vikas Dua
Head and Senior Consultant
Dr. Rahul Naithani
Director - Cancer Care / Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Hematology Oncology
Dr. Shishir Seth
Dr. Ashok Vaid
Chairman – Divison of Medical & Paediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow
Dr. Nandini C. Hazarika
Consultant - Medical Oncology, BMT