10 Best Urology Hospital in India
Urology is the branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis, treatment and management of conditions related to male and female urinary tract, including kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. It also deals with conditions of the male reproductive organs, including penis, testes, scrotum, prostate, and certain male infertility factors. India is home to numerous board certified and qualified urologists.
The best urologists in India include some globally reputed specialists who are renowned for their expertise and skills in the latest surgical techniques, such as robot assisted surgery. They work at top-scale hospitals, equipped with most updated devices and sophisticated operation theaters. The best urology hospitals in India are world-class centers that routinely provide services to patients from different countries.
Best Urology hospitals in India
CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana – 122001
- Medanta’s Institute of Kidney and Urology is an integrated centre for diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the urinary system, including the kidneys, bladder and prostate gland.
- The hospital is widely reputed as a leading tertiary and quaternary care centre in North India, and has a multidisciplinary medical team comprising some of the country’s best experts in the field of urology and nephrology.
- The Institute of Kidney and Urology has a patient-oriented environment for the management of cancer and benign urological diseases. The facility integrates the expertise of the skilled specialists and the latest medical technology. Medanta ensures that patient receives care by an interdisciplinary panel of urologists, nephrologists, medical and radiation oncologists.
- As one of the premier centers in the world for minimally invasive surgical techniques, Medanta has an impressive infrastructure with the state-of-the-art technologies such as da Vinci robotic surgery for diseases of prostate, bladder and kidney. The institute is also equipped with cutting edge techniques in all areas of nephrology, for dialysis, transplant and chronic kidney disease.
- Institute of Kidney and Urology at Medanta is a renowned pioneer in the field of kidney transplantation in India. The hospital offers various kidney transplant services and programs, including path-breaking ABO Incompatible Transplants (unmatched blood groups transplants), laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures (minimally invasive surgery techniques), specialized post-transplant procedures such as graft kidney biopsies and comprehensive post-transplant care. They also offer pediatric transplants with the region’s finest pediatric nephrologists and transplant specialist team. The facility is designed to optimize patient comfort, along with safe and fast recovery. They have one of the lowest infection rates, which are at par with the best hospitals in the world.
- Medanta is also credited for performing the first robotic renal transplant outside the United States and in India (2013).
Cutting edge technology and advanced treatments
- The da Vinci robotic system at Medanta is the most advanced minimally invasive surgery systems available today. The surgeon is able to perform delicate and highly complex surgeries with only a few tiny incisions, and provide the benefit of faster recovery. The system is controlled by a skilled doctor from the console while operating, and the hand movements are converted into corresponding micro-movements of instruments inside the patient’s body. This improves the precision and success rates.
- Lithotripsy Machine is used to externally-apply and focus the high- intensity acoustic pulse to break a stone in urinary tract or kidney into small pieces. These are then easily passed out through the urinary tract and urine in a few days or weeks. It is a simple outpatient procedure and takes about an hour to do. ESWL is a safe procedure and suitable for children and individuals with only one functional kidney.
- MRI/TRUS Fusion system for 3D Targeted Prostate Biopsy is a revolutionary imaging system and 3D navigation technology. It offers a complete prostate biopsy management platform, with the ability to gather information available in MR and combine it with the standard ultrasound guided biopsy. The robotic technology is used to increase the accuracy, robustness and reliability of the machine while performing MRI/US Fusion-Targeted Biopsy.
- Urodynamics is a specialized technique which helps assess the pressure-flow relationship between the bladder and the urethra. It aids in defining the functional status of the lower urinary tract.
- The best quality penile implants are used to help men with erectile dysfunction (ED) to get an erection. This includes two main types of penile implants: semirigid and inflatable.
Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road, New Delhi – 110076
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi has a dedicated department of Urology to provide the best medical and surgical care for adult and pediatric urology problems. The department works with a patient oriented approach for management of cancer and benign urological diseases.
- The center is well-equipped to offer advanced surgical procedures, including the most upcoming and successful surgical and reconstructive techniques. This includes the latest medical equipment, computer navigation and imaging technology.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi provides a combined service of urology and andrology. They provide exceptional services for diagnosis and surgical care for all genitourinary disorders and diseases of urinary system, and fertility problems. This includes Renal Transplantation, Uro-oncology (urological cancers), Reconstructive Urology, treatment of male infertility and erectile dysfunction (including prosthetic surgery), and pediatric Urology.
- The Centers of Urology and Andrology at Apollo Hospitals has a specialized team comprises highly experienced and skilled surgeons. They use scientific and clinically approved approaches to determine the extent of the problem and work with other experts to design the best treatment. This includes an entire range, varying from counseling to medical therapy and surgical treatment under one roof. The team also forms customized treatment plan for patients suffering from sexual dysfunction. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals has been a pioneer of Andrology are in India till recently.
- Endourology – This surgery is done through a telescope and does not require open procedures. It can be used for the treatment of prostate (TURP), bladder cancers, urethral strictures, kidney and ureteric stones with PCNL & URS. The hospital also offers Intracorporeal Lithotripsy to break stones using endoscopes and the pneumatic lithotripsy.
- Minimally Invasive surgery: Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals offer a keyhole or laparoscopic surgery approach for most urological surgery. This includes surgery for benign disease as well as cancer laparoscopically. Apollo hospital offers all kinds of laparoscopic surgery that provides advantages of less pain, small scar or no scar, early discharge and early return to work.
- Laser prostate surgery – Apollo hospital has a specialized facility to remove enlarged prostate tissue, which can be removed safely by endoscopic method or laser surgery.
- Urological Cancers – A panel of well-trained uro-oncology surgeons and others oncologists at Indraprastha Apollo are involved in investigations and treatment plan for cancers of kidney, bladder, prostate, ureter, and other parts. The hospitals has the latest MRI & CT scans and ultrasound including TRUS.
- Urodynamics – The hospital has an advanced fully computerised urodynamic machines to diagnose all kinds of incontinence and difficulty in passing urine. This includes ‘EMG’ facilities for diagnosing urinary and bowel problems after spinal injuries, stroke, Parkinson disease and other neurological disorders. The laboratory is fully equipped to support the entire range of studies including uroflownmetry, filling and voiding cystometry, urethral pressure profile studies (UPP) and VCUG.
- Infertility – Indraprastha Apollo Hospital offers a wide range of facilities for the investigation and treatment of male infertility. The fertility specialist team coordinates with the assisted conception unit and IVF laboratory.
Pusa Rd, Radha Soami Satsang, Rajendra Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
- BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital has a specialized Centre for Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplant. It is a dedicated unit equipped with most advanced equipment, including dialysis machines, round-the-clock service for Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) for Hemo-Dynamically Unstable Patients And Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis.
- The centre has isolation rooms dedicated to Hepatitis B & C patients, which is at par with global standards.
- Centre Renal Sciences & Kidney Transplant is equipped with latest diagnostic facilities such as Uroflowmetry, Lithotripsy And Holmium Laser, Ultrasound, Doppler, and many more. There are dedicated suites for Endoscopic procedures at BLK Max Hospital to ensure high quality treatment and patient services for complete privacy and comfortable surroundings.
- The Kidney Transplant Program at BLK is a widely renowned Centre of Excellence in the North Indian region. The globally renowned expects are part of the faculty that has successfully carried out several transplants at the hospital. This includes complex cases for Cadaver Transplants, Kidney Transplant in HIV positive patients and patients with high chances of rejection.
Some world-class technology and services at the Centre:
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) for hemodynamically unstable patients
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) for patients with multi-organ failure.
- Round the clock services by a highly skilled nephrology team and dialysis staff with the international standards of care and treatment protocols.
- Community Outreach Programme: The Centre provides training on home dialysis & CAPD for patients and even technicians and doctors.
Press Enclave Road, Mandir Marg, Saket, New Delhi – 110017
- Max Hospital, Saket is one of best hospitals in Delhi to offer a full range of treatment and services for various urological conditions. The hospital is equipped state-of-the-art facilities to provide the best services in the areas of urology, uro-oncology, reconstructive urology, robotic surgery, kidney transplantation & laparoscopic andrology services among others.
- The faculty includes some of the best urologists in Delhi who are highly skilled and trained in the use of the advanced surgical technology such as da Vinci Robot system. The hospital integrates the latest advancements in the field of surgery and the highest clinical standards along with patient-centric care.
- This includes services such as Laparoscopic Urological Surgery, ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplant, Uro-Oncology, Reconstructive Surgery of Urinary Tract, and laser urological procedures.
- They have the most advanced robot system called surgical Da Vinci XI Robotic System to perform highly complex urological procedures, including radical cystectomy, radical prostatectomy, and partial nephrectomy.
Some condition & treatments at MAX Hospital includes:
- Renal Transplantation Surgery
- Bladder Stones Surgery
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)
- Laparoscopic Urologic Surgery and Robotic urology surgery
- Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL)
Near Unitech Cyber park, Sector 51, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Artemis Hospital is among the top hospitals in Delhi-NCR that offers world-class treatment across all the major specialities including urology and kidney transplant.
- The Department of Urology at Artemis Hospital offers the most modern and advanced treatment methods for all urological diseases.
- There is a panel of highly talented and experienced doctors who specialize in the care of cancer and other diseases of urinary system.
Artemis offers a wide variety of treatments for conditions:
- Prostatic diseases including surgical procedures such as TURP, Laser prostatectomy, HoLEP, and PVP
- Kidney and urinary stones with minimally invasive and laser techniques such as URS, PCNL, RIRS
- Cancers of kidney, prostate, urinary bladder, penis and testis, with procedures such as radical prostatectomy, radical cystectomy, construction of neobladder, radical nephrectomy and many more.
- Paediatric urological disorders such as PUJ obstruction, VUR, Urethral valves, childhood tumors, and others, using surgeries such as Pyeloplasty, Ureteric reimplantation,
- Male sexual problems and infertility with medical and surgical procedures such as penile implant
- Strictures of urethra
- Female urinary tract problems
Opposite HUDA City Centre, Sector 44, Gurugram, Haryana – 122002
- FMRI is a premier medical facility and one of the largest hospitals in India to offer medical care services to domestic as well as international patients on a regular basis.
- The Division of Uro-Oncology and Robotic Surgery at FMRI is fully equipped centre that provides end-to-end services for management of urological and kidney problems, ranging from benign disease to cancer.
- The centre has a dedicated team comprising highly skilled surgeons with a vast experience of handing complex conditions of urinary system. They regularly perform minimally invasive surgery for the treatment of urological cancer and other diseases. This includes advanced procedures such as Robotic, Laparoscopic and open procedures.
Some advanced technology at FMRI include Da Vinci Robotic system, MRI-TRUS fusion biopsy, Multiparametric MRI using 3 tesla MRI, PSMA PET CT and Advanced Radiotherapy unit. These are used for:
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy for Prostate Cancer
- Robotic and Laparoscopic surgery for treatment of kidney Cancer, including Robotic Partial and Radical Nephrectomy
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery for treatment of Bladder cancer with Robotic Radical cystectomy procedure
- Robotic Intracorporeal Urinary diversion (Neobladder /ileal conduit)
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Adrenal surgery (for Pheochromocytoma / adenoma etc)
- Robotic Reconstructive procedures (Robotic pyeloplasty/Ureteric reimplant etc)
Connect with Experts & Get a Free Personalized Quote
- As a specialized urology clinic operated by one of the most known urology doctors – Dr. Ashish Sabharwal, Blue Ribbon Clinic is at the forefront of advanced urology and uro-oncology medical care.
- Dr. Sabharwal is an experienced urologist who has worked at many reputed hospitals including Apollo Hospital, Fortis Hospital and others. He is one of the most experienced doctors in Robotic urology Surgery for Prostate Cancer treatment and other conditions.
- He is the topmost urologist of New Delhi, India and is sought after by international patients for his skills in robotic surgery and prostate cancer treatment. He is an authorized proctor for DaVinci robotic surgery The American company.
- The clinic offers a complete range of services for diagnosis and treatment of urology conditions, including cancers of kidney, bladder, ureter and other parts of urinary system, and kidney stone, erectile dysfunction, Peyronie disease and others.
- Dr. Sabharwal is the best penile implant surgeon in Delhi who has vast experience in using American as well as indigenous implants for the best results. He also offers penile lengthening in India at his clinic.
- Blue Ribbon Prostate Clinic is a reputed facility that has completed countless successful robotic surgeries for prostate cancer.
- Apollo Hospital in Chennai offer some of the most advanced urology procedures to the patients.
- The department for Nephrology and Urology is a centre of excellence that provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services in the field of urology and nephrology. This includes renal biopsies, critical kidney care, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- The hospital has more than 6000 Nephrology admissions and over 5000 Urological surgeries every year.
- They cater to over 75,000 patients undergoing dialysis and the landmark for performing over 10,000 kidney transplants.
- The Centre is well-equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology for the treatment of diseases such as congenital urological disorders, stone disease, urological cancers, infertility, erectile dysfunction and other infertility problems. They offer procedures such as Lithotripsy, Endo-urology, TURP and Laparoscopic urological surgeries and other surgeries.
- The renal transplant program at Apollo Chennai is a full-scale program for living and cadaveric transplants. They have involved in one of the earliest and largest organ transplant registries in India.
- Minimally Invasive surgery is routinely used for kidney donors at Apollo Hospital Chennai for minimizing post-operative recovery and hospital stay.
- Fortis Escorts Hospital has a dedicated Kidney and Urology Institute which is a Centre of Excellence for the diseases of the urinary system, including the kidneys, bladder and prostate gland.
- The Institute delivers the highest standards of patient care and is widely known of the best clinical outcomes. The team at Fortis Escorts includes the region’s best urology specialists who are supported by a multidisciplinary team of experts and nurses trained in Urology and Nephrology care.
- They offer patient oriented approach for the treatment of all urological diseases by integrating the latest technology and the expertise of the best urology doctors in India. A cohesive team allows interdisciplinary interactions between urologists, nephrologists and other specialities.
- Fortis Escorts Kidney and Urology Institute is a leading center in India and the world for minimally invasive surgical techniques. These techniques are regularly used for the treatment of prostate, bladder and kidney problems including bening and cancer diseases.
- The Institute offers cutting-edge care and round-the-clock services for dialysis, transplant and chronic kidney disease.
- Aster Medcity has the most advanced facilities in the region for complete kidney and genitourinary care. As a Centre of Excellence, the department of Nephrology & Urology at Aster Medcity offers a variety of services for nephrology, urology, and andrology, including kidney transplant and minimal access robotic surgery procedures for patients of all ages.
- It is the first of its kind facility in Kerala to offer high-precision robotic surgery for kidney and urology diseases. The centre is widely known for providing a wide range of therapeutic services, including haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, with the cutting-edge technology.
- The centre has an outstanding team of doctors comprising highly qualified and skilled nephrologists, urologists, and renal transplant surgeons, who work with anaesthetists, critical care experts and renal pathologists. This allows them to design treatment based on multidisciplinary approach, for optimal, evidence-based care of the patients.
- Aster Centre of Nephrology & Urology has achieved several milestones and achievements, including the third centre in the world to perform a robotic transvaginal renal transplant surgery and the first in India to perform a robotic kidney tumour removal.
- It is the first centre in Kerala to offer robotic surgery using da Vinci surgery system, high-precision technology. The centre also offers state-of-the-art diagnostic support with OR1 Karlstorz Fusion Integrated Surgical Suites, the first in South Asia. It also has India’s first Flat Panel Biplane Vascular Hybrid Cath Lab, South India’s first IntelliSpace Critical Care and Anaesthesia (ICCA) ICUs and Kerala’s first PET-CT Scan with Time Of Flight Technology.