Best Doctors In Chennai
Choose from best hospitals in Chennai
Dr. Hariharan Muthuswamy
Gastroenterologist | Senior Consultant
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - GastroenterologyChennai, India
Dr Hariharan Muthuswamy is a renowned and highly experienced Gastroenterologist & hepatologist in Chennai.
Dr Muthuswamy holds expertise in Hepatitis (A, B, E) treatment, capsule endoscopy and endoscopy procedures, haemorrhoids treatment, GERD, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and many other procedures. He is a highly skilled and trained surgeon with MBBS and MD from reputed national institutions and went further to be trained in advanced procedure with fellowships from prestigious institutions like the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr Hariharan is a member of many eminent medical associations and has published several papers under his name in national and international journals.
- Haemorrhoids Treatment
- Hepatitis B Treatment
- Hepatitis A Treatment
- Hepatitis E Treatment
Dr. Joseph Thachil
Urologist | Senior Consultant
MBBS, MD - Urology, FRCS, Diploma in UrologyChennai, India
Dr. Joseph Thachil is amongst the Best Urologists in Chennai and has a vast experience in the field of urology.
- Removal of Kidney Stones
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Bladder Stones Treatment
- Male infertility
Dr. Ravi V.
Joint Replacement Surgeon, Orthopedist | Consultant
B. Sc, MBBS, D. Ortho, DNB (Ortho), Spine FellowChennai, India
Dr Ravi V is a leading Orthopedist in Chennai, with over 23 years of clinical experience and specialization in spine surgery.
Dr Ravi is renowned to be the first surgeon in South India region to perform minimally invasive surgery and is an acknowledged expert in the spine, bone and joint surgery as well as joint and lower back pain treatment. He is a highly skilled specialist, having obtained his medical qualifications from reputed institutions and training in advanced courses from world-renowned institutions.
He is a member of many medical associations and published several papers in national and international scientific journals.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopedics Bone and Joint Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Gold Medalist from CMC, Vellore
Dr. Balamurgan M
Neurosurgeon | Director - Department of Neurodurgery
M.B.B.S, MD, DNB (Neurosurgery)Chennai, India
Dr. Balamurgan M is a leading neurosurgeon with over 21 years of experience and specializes in brain and spine surgeries.He is a known academician and have been keenly involved in teaching medical students at renowned medical institutions.
He has published many papers in reputed national and international journals related to medicine and surgery, and is a member of various eminent medical associations.
Dr. Balamuruganhas expertise in surgeries related to brain and spine, a pioneer when it comes to brain tumor treatment and has a keen interest in Radio surgery, Functional neurosurgery and Endoscopic Spine and Skull base surgery.
- Brain Aneurysm surgery
- Endoscopic Spine surgery
- Endoscopic Skull base surgery
- Functional neurosurgery
- Radio surgery
- Prof A. Venugopal Gold Medal in Urology
- Prof A. L. Mudaliar Gold Medal in Medicine
- Raja Sir Ramaswamy Mudaliar Gold Medal in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Sir Branfoot Prize in Clinical Obstetrics
- University First in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Best Resident Award - 1996
- Best Neurosurgery Resident Award - 1996
Dr. Sandeep Attawar
Cardiovascular Surgeon | Director & Chair - Cardiovascular Surgery, Thoracic Organ Transplantation & MCS
M.B.B.S, MS Gen Surgery, M.Ch (Cardiac Surgery)Chennai, India
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Valve Repair and Replacement Surgery
- Heart Bypass Surgery/ CABG
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery
- Organ Transplant
- Beating Heart Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (OP-CABG)
- Left Ventricular assist device (LVAD) Implantations
- Heart and lung transplantation
- Complex corrections for Congenital heart disease
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement in Adults and children
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
Dr. Sumana Manohar
Gynecologist & IVF Specialist | Sr. Consultant
M.B.B.S., MRCOG (London), FRCOG (London)Chennai, India
Dr. Sumana Manohar is a leading Obstetricians and Gynaecologist in India with sub specialization in Reproductive Medicine (Infertility) Endoscopic surgery, Robotic surgery, High Risk Obstetrics.
In her extensive experience of 27 years, she has treated and managed numerous cases with varying range of complexity.
Dr. Sumana is a highly skilled and qualified specialist, having obtained her medical education from premier institutions of the nation and fellowship from the prestigious Royal Colleges of Physicians, UK.
Dr. Manoharhas received advanced training in procedures like Infertility treatment, laparoscopy and robotics.
She is a co- editor for Mid Life Health and have been actively involved in organizing various conferences on Infertility, Endoscopy and High risk obstetrics.
Clinical Focus• C Section • Amniocentesis • Hysterectomy • Cesarean Birth • Embryo Cryopreservation • Body Contouring Surgery • Infertility • Laparoscopic &Hysteroscopic Surgery • Robotic Surgery • High risk Obstetrics / Antenatal Services
Dr. Robert Mao
Cardiologist | Consultant
MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - CardiologyChennai, India
Dr Robert Mao is a leading Cardiologist in Chennai and carries a vast clinical experience of more than 38 years in his career. He holds specialization in the area of cardiac procedures like Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Open Heart Surgery, PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Interventions), Mitral Valve Replacement and Heart Valve Replacement surgery. He is a highly qualified doctor with medical degrees from renowned medical colleges and has published several papers in reputed journals.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Permanent Pacemaker
- Catheter Ablation
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Arrhythmia Treatments
Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram
Obstetrician & Gynecologist | Senior Consultant
MBBS; MD; DNB (O&G)Chennai, India
She is a proficient surgeon and specializes in robotic hysterectomies, total laparoscopic hysterectomy, cervical myomectomy, uterine artery ligation and many other Gynaecological procedures. Dr. Sundaram has been involved in more than 2500 laparoscopic surgeries and is trained in performing Gynaecological Endoscopy, Laparoscopic Myomectomy, Laparoscopic procedures for ovarian cyst and hysteroscopic procedures. She has been a rank hold and medalist throughout her medical education and has attained training in advance specialization courses from international reputed institutions and hospitals. She has published many paper in acclaimed national and international journals, besides authoring chapters in clinical books. Also, she has participated as well as played a part in organizing a number of national and international conferences.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic procedures for ovarian cyst
- Hysteroscopic procedures
- Mira Sengupta Gold medal for MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Mr. Esther Sergaon Lazarus Gold medal for MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Prof C. Senthilnathan Gold medal for Best outgoing Lady Student
- Viceroy's Gold medal for highest marks in Final MBBS
- Balfour Gold medal for Surgery by Tamil Nadu MGR Medical University
- Dr. K. Govindamenon Memorial Gold medal for Anatomy
- Dr. Sundara Reddy memorial fund for Best student anatomy
- Dr. VNC Rao medal for Best student in Anatomy
- Lady Grant Duff Gold medal for Best outgoing Hindu lady student
- Medicos 82 award for Preclinical course
Apollo Hospital ChennaiChennai, India
Gleneagles Global Hospital ChennaiChennai, India