The iconic healthcare institution of Mumbai, Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, blessed by Mahatma Gandhi and inaugurated in 1950 by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, is now reintroduced as Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital. Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital has been at the forefront of healthcare for 65 years. Today the 352-bed facility housing 55 speciality departments offers a plethora of services in practically every field of modern medicine and healthcare. The well-equipped hospital rooms, state-of-the-art departments and technologically advanced systems are all backed by the expertise and reputation of over 350 consultants, 100 resident doctors, 475 nursing staff and 1500 employees.
The multi super specialty hospital is equipped with:
- 20 OPD consultation rooms
- 10 well equipped Operation Theatres (Including Cardiac OT & Neuro OT)
- 88 dedicated ICU, ICCU, MICU, SICU, PICU, NICU & CCU (Intensive Care Units)
- 14 Dialysis Units
- 1 Cath-Lab
- Full Fledged Pathology Lab & Blood Bank
- Cutting Edge Imaging Centre with CT, MRI & PET Scan
- Dedicated Oncology Department, which includes Radiation Oncology & Chemotherapy
- A dedicated advanced 24x7 Accident & Emergency Centre, Critical Care and trauma services
The hospital’s advanced Imaging Centre, spanning over 10,000 sq. ft, houses
- 3 Tesla 32-channel wide bore Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner with MR guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery (MRgFUS)
- 64-slice PET CT with cardiac capability
The Catheterization Lab at Nanavati Heart Centre, which is the first of its kind in Mumbai, has a team of highly experienced and qualified faculty providing 24x7 Interventional Cardiac Services.
Superspeciality Services Include
- Kidney Transplant
- Gastroenterology and Surgical Gastroenterology
- Liver Transplant
- Orthopaedics including Spine Surgery
- Joint Replacement & Sports Medicine
- Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- comprehensive Mother & Child Care.
- Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss surgery)
In addition, process driven Critical Care services, along with the most advanced Diagnostic and Imaging facilities, provide the necessary backbone for holistic, comprehensive and contemporary patient care. Besides being the leader for therapeutic services, the Hospital also has region’s largest medical post-graduation program with over 70 seats in DNB and CPS aimed to create well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful leaders dedicated to the passion of healing that will empower the future medical fraternity. With an aim to achieve professional excellence in delivering quality care while pushing the frontiers of care through research and education and adhering to the national and global standards in healthcare, Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital provides quality healthcare to all sections of the society.
Conveniently located on Swami Vivekanand (S.V.) Road, a major arterial road in the Western Suburbs of the city of Mumbai, Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital is accessibly by road, railway and Mumbai International & Domestic Airports.
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai, brings its demonstrated dedication & commitment to deliver exceptional patient care and patient safety with the highest standards of clinical practices, clinical expertise with the support of the latest and state-of-the-art technology.
With an aim to achieve professional excellence in delivering quality care while pushing the frontiers of care through research and education and adhering to the national and global standards in healthcare, Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital provides quality healthcare to all sections of the society across the globe.