Medicana International Istanbul Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in the largest city of Turkey. It is a part of the country’s most renowned healthcare providers and biggest corporations - Medicana Health Group, that includes 7 general hospitals and 2 dental care hospitals.
The hospital was established in 2010, and spans the area of 30,000 m2 with a capacity of 191 in patient beds, various outpatient facilities, Intensive care units, emergency care and specialized units. The departments for inpatient floors and outpatient floors are linked.
Medicana International Istanbul Hospital operates with a patient-friendly approach and ahas met the WHO and UNICEF criteria for the Baby-friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI). It is renowned as one of the best IVF centres in Turkey.
The hospital has a modern infrastructure that meets the international standard of quality medical care facilities. It is equipped with the latest medical devices and instruments to provide patients the best diagnostic and therapeutic services.
The hospital caters to the patients from Istanbul, and different parts of the country and abroad, especially Thrace Region and Europe.
Medicana International hospital is partnered with several of big health insurance organizations, including IPA, Remed Assistance, Marmassistance, Mondial Assistance, Euro-Center, and AGIS.
The hospital offers a comprehensive range of services including Internal and Surgical Care, cardiovascular surgery, and reproductive health. These departments are supported by specialized Intensive Care Units, such as Coronary Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
The Organ Transplant Center at Medicana International Istanbul offers a holistic treatment program to the patients.
Infrastructure and facilities
- Medicana International Istanbul hospital has 8 operating theaters and 26 observation beds, along with 17 internal and surgical intensive care units, 9 KVC intensive care units, and 5 Coronary Intensive Care Unit beds. The intensive care rooms are equipped with modern patient monitoring systems to provide all medical and post-treatment services.
- There are 10 Incubators and neonatal intensive care units in the hospital.
- Bone Marrow Transplant units has world-class 11 patient rooms with HEPA filters
- The hospital has a variety of rooms to ensure the patient comfort, including CIP, VIP and standard patient rooms.
- The Suite Rooms at Medicana International Istanbul Hospital are designed to provide home like comfort. It consists of two sections to fulfil all the needs of patients as well as their relatives/attendants. Guests can also have a separate room in the hospital’s specially designed rooms. The nurse station is actively involved in monitoring and call button is available at the beginning of the patient bed.
- The first private sector hospital in Istanbul to have such advanced technology, including Multi-Slice CT, PET-CT, MR, and Ultrasonography. The radiation oncology department at Medicana International Istanbul Hospital is a centre of excellence for cancer treatment and is equipped with LINAC devices capable of performing IMRT, conventional radiology and nuclear medicine imaging instruments.
- Medicana International Istanbul Hospital has a multifunctional Emergency Service unit that is designed to provide outpatient and inpatient facilities. It offers services for decontamination, resuscitation, emergency intervention, radiological imaging and observation rooms. There are 7 observation rooms, 1 isolation room in the operating room for emergency operations, 2 red field beds, 1 yellow field bed, 1 CPR room, and 1 viewing room.