- Midlands Medical Centre (MMC) Private Hospital is a 274 bedded medical facility that offers services across all major healthcare specialities. The hospital has more than 30 years of experience of delivering excellent and cost-effective healthcare to the communities.
- The hospital is located in the CBD of Pietermaritzburg, the capital city of KwaZulu-Natal. It lies around 80 kilometres from Durban, and approximately 500 kilometres from Johannesburg.
- MMC hospital has a modern infrastructure with fully air-conditioned accommodations. It offers multiple in-patient room options, including multi-bedded general wards, two bedded semi-private wards and en-suite private wards. The patients may request the private or semi-private ward for ensuring the appropriate arrangements are made in advance.
- Midlands Medical Centre focuses on a personalized patient care approach and ensure each patient receives world-class care at the hospital.
- The team of expert medical specialists and caring clinical staff provide you with an exceptional patient experience. They maintain excellent standards of services and clinical care to provide a wholesome healthcare experience at the hospital.
- MMC Hospital combines the best medical staff with cutting edge infrastructure and the latest medical technology and equipment, keeping the best interests of the patients at heart. They are committed to clinical excellence across various specialities, emergency care and operation theaters. The hospital houses specialists of all disciplines, including General Practitioners and Dentists.
Infrastructure and facilities
- A multi-Theatre complex including a Lamina-Flow Theatre, Cardiac-Theatre and a Caesar-Theatre.
- The hospital has acquired the latest instruments and most advanced technology for diagnosis and therapeutic care.
- They have a new Caesarean Theatre, Bi-Plane Machine, C-Arm for Vascular Surgery and a Vein Viewer.
- MMC Hospital aims to ensure that the patients have access to the latest medical technology and help them achieve the best possible results for the overall good health.
The patients must carry some mandatory documents on admission:
- The main member’s identity document
- Identity document related to the patient
- For a child, the birth certificate is needed
- Utility bill to verify the address
- Medical aid card
In addition, patients are encouraged to come to hospital with relevant deposits and co-payments. Patients who are arriving for the operation theater come into the hospital for a complete pre-admission assessment.