The integrated healthcare center at the Heart Institute at Medanta provides comprehensive and multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart ailments. The pioneered Heart specialist team offers treatment for coronary artery disease and cardiac conditions.
The Heart Team ensures the patient receives the best care based on the evaluation is done by a team of heart specialist at Medanta, including cardiac surgeons, clinical cardiologists and interventional cardiologists the center is equipped with the latest technologies such as unique hybrid operating suite, robotic heart surgery, and minimally invasive techniques with excellent precision and accuracy.
Heart Institute at Medanta ensures the right treatment approach for providing immediate relief and long-term success, ensuring patient safety and providing complete functionality to the patient. The team follows specific protocols and international standards for the treatment of the most complex cases.
Advanced technology set-up:
- Artis-zeego Endovascular Surgical Cath Lab (Artis-Zeego) performs both minimally invasive, catheter-based procedures and conventional open surgery simultaneously in the same room.
- The DaVinci Si 3D Robot is the most advanced minimally invasive surgery platform to perform delicate and complex surgeries.
- 256 Slice CT Scan is an innovative non-invasive imaging technique to obtain a complete 3-Dimensional visual representation of the heart and other organs.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) or Computed Tomography (CT) scan is an imaging test using a radioactive substance. The technology used at Biograph TruePoint PET CT machine Medanta includes HD PET, TrueV, HI-REZ, LSO, Pico-3D, TrueC, and SureView.
Institute of Neurosciences
Medanta has an integrated facility at the Institute of Neurosciences with a team of specialized doctors. It is supported by the latest technology to provide effective, successful and multidisciplinary care for disorders of the brain and spine.
The team of highly qualified neurologists and the best neurosurgeons in India, along with neurointerventionists, neuro-anesthetists, and neurocritical care specialists, and neuropsychiatrists.
They offer specialized services and global standards of protocols for emergency management of acute neurological disorders, including stroke and other neurological trauma. It is a dedicated standalone center for the treatment of various brain tumors, spinal disorders, stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders and headache.
Institute of Neurosciences at Medanta The Medcity has some cutting-edge technology.
- BrainSUITE with Intra-Operative Imaging OT is an excellent operating theatre with intra-operative MR imaging and MR-guided surgery. Medanta Gurgaon has the Miyabi (2 room concept) with the MRI in the adjacent room. It is one of its kind in the country and the OT can be isolated.
- CyberKnife VSI is a non-invasive treatment for cancerous and non-cancerous tumors, as well as other conditions where radiation therapy is needed.
- O-Arm Spine Suite with multiple image protocols, with the doctor the flexibility to minimize dose based on individual clinical objectives. Minimally invasive O-Arm helps decrease muscle and tissue disruption, intra-operative blood loss, & post-op deformities.
- Electroencephalography (EEG) for unconstrained electrical action in the brain over a timeframe.
- Video EEG records the video in an event or seizure and contrasts the photo that EEG records in the meantime.
- Biplane Cath Lab is a specific suite for heart catheterization procedures with two arrangements of imaging sources and cameras. Medanta was the 1st hospital in Delhi-NCR to have a biplane cath lab.
Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences
The Medanta’s Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences is a super specialty facility for diagnostic and treatment services for all disorders associated with the digestive tract, pancreas and liver. The team of highly experienced doctors are, including the best gastroenterologists, skilled and experienced in treating gastric diseases and conditions.
The center is equipped with all advanced technologies and the latest facilities. The prime focus is on the safe and proven treatment of disorders but also encompasses new innovations to improve the quality of life of the patient.
This includes treatment with therapeutic endoscopy for diagnosis and simultaneous treatment of complex, hard-to-find medical issues in the gastrointestinal tract. This includes procedures Whipple Surgery, Lap Cholecystectomy, Liver Biopsy and Bariatric Surgery by the experts.
- Echoendoscope, also known as the Endoscopic Ultrasound, is an endoscopic test with ultrasound images for evaluation of lesions in and around the walls of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cyberknife VSI is a non-invasive treatment for cancerous and non-cancerous tumors and other conditions where radiation therapy is recommended.
- Da Vinci Si 3D Robot is the most advanced technology for minimally invasive surgery and can be used to perform complex surgeries through a few tiny incisions.
- 3D Laparoscopy surgery for removal of tumors, in which a camera is inserted through small incisions and use of the 3D high definition for improvement of surgical precision, faster recovery with shorter hospitalization period.
- HIPEC (Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy) involves infusion and circulation of warmed anti-cancer drugs in the peritoneal cavity (abdomen). The chemotherapy is for cancer cells in the abdomen, allowing for higher doses of chemotherapy treatment.
Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine
Medanta’s Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine is the first of its kind dedicated Institute in Asia to offer liver transplantation and various other treatments for liver and biliary diseases for adults as well as children, including cancer.
They take pride in performing more than 2,500 liver transplants, with a success rate of 95% and an infection rate of less than 10%. It is the second-largest liver transplant program in Asia and the largest in India. They have the largest Living Donor Liver Transplant program in India and the second largest in the world.
A team of highly qualified doctors with a rich experience and dedicated approach to the program is employed at the center.
In addition, the Institute is also a high-volume referral center for all liver tumors, bile duct cancer, cysts and complex non-transplant liver and biliary surgeries.
Some advanced techniques at this center-
- The DaVinci Si 3D Robot for minimally invasive surgery.
- Modular Liver Operating Theaters with state-of-the-art modular operating theatres having seamless, anti-infection technology and fool-proof monitoring systems. It is India’s first special liver and biliary surgery operation suites.
- 256 slice CT Scan, an innovative non-invasive imaging technique to obtain a complete 3-Dimensional visual representation of the liver and other organs.
- 3.0 Tesla MRI, an efficient technology with shorter scan times and maximum patient comfort without compromising quality.
- Virtual liver surgery lab with 3-D Myrian CT system/software is a next-generation system for pre-surgical planning and virtual surgery for prior to the actual operation.
- FDG-18 PET scan, a whole-body scan technology for detection of the extent and spread of liver and biliary cancer.
The Cancer Institute at Medanta is a one-stop destination for all cancer patients. The institute has specialized centers for the Division of Medical and Haemato Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology and multiple organ-specific surgical cancer divisions, such as Breast Services and Head and Neck Oncology.
There is a team of highly experienced and trained oncologists who work in collaboration with various experts, including the surgeons in different departments and specialties, to provide specialized care to the patient. It is equipped with the latest technologies such as CyberKnife VSI Robotic Radiosurgery, VMAT, IGRT, Tomotherapy and other top-notch diagnostic and imaging equipment. The doctors engage in tumor board meetings to discuss complex cases and figure out the best possible treatment.
- Cyberknife VSI is used for performing robotic radiosurgery in the treatment of non-threatening tumors, malignant tumors, and other medical conditions. The advanced technology of Cyberknife has been frequently used by the radiation oncologists in Medanta to treat various kinds of tumors.
- Tomotherapy H-D is the world’s only integrated image-guided-intensity-modulated (IG-IMRT) delivery system. It allows helical radiation delivery for the treatment of tumors including medulloblastomas, acute lymphatic leukemias (Total Body Radiation) and bilateral breast cancer in a very short time. Low doses can be used for the heart, lungs, and kidneys in the mitigation of acute and delayed radiation effects. It especially recommended for Megna-field radiotherapy in the form of total body, half body and total nodal irradiation, Total Body Irradiation (TBI) for bone marrow transplant and Multiple metastases (Prostate, Breast cancer).
- Linear Accelerators at Medanta Cancer institute include Infinity and Synergy-S for the treatment of all body cancers.
- Integrated Brachytherapy Unit is a cutting-edge technology for brachytherapy treatment. It allows a higher control with brachytherapy for treating Cancer Cervix, Endometrial Cancer, Oesophagus Cancer, Lung Cancer and Cholangiocarcinoma. Medanta Cancer Institute has advanced dosimetry and standardized processes.
- Da Vinci Surgical System for minimally invasive operation through just a few small incisions. It features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system with tiny wristed instruments for bending and rotating.
- Volumetric Arc Therapy (VMAT) is a precision delivery system for sculpted 3D dose distribution with a 360-degree rotation in a single or multi-arc treatment. The treatment delivery speed is 4 times faster than traditional IMRT.
- SBRT/SRS is a dedicated system for non-invasive stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic radiotherapy (SRS and SRT). It is a cutting-edge technology for treatments of the highest precision.
- Image-Guided Radio Therapy (IGRT) is a radiation therapy in which the radiotherapy beams are focused around the area of cancer.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan is a diagnostic test to check for diseases in the body. It uses a special dye with radioactive tracers which are injected into a vein in the arm and absorbed by organs and tissues.
- 256 Slice CT Scan is the latest state-of-the-art technology at Medanta The Medcity, Gurgaon.
Institute Of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics
It is a specialized center focused on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. The specialists at the Institute Of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics are focused on all kinds of bone and joint conditions, including joint pain, spine pain, trauma, sports, congenital defects and other injuries.
The center is equipped with the latest technologies for joint replacement surgery, bone cancer treatment, and many others. Institute of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics aims to help patients get back on their feet and provide them with the highest possible care to improve their quality of life.
- Computer Navigation System is an advanced technology that helps a surgeon navigate during orthopedic surgery. It guides them while making precise cuts and removing the damaged parts or correcting deformities.
- High Definition Cameras to provide surgeons a better and enhanced view of tissues. It improves the quality of the surgery for the diseases.
- O-Arm is a system for multiple image protocols, which allows flexibility to minimize the dose to the patient, based on individual needs of treatment. It has a programmable memory that stores the exact position of the gantry and detects any deformity with the X-ray technique with four imaging positions.
- Arthroscopic Equipment for performing challenging procedures and diagnostics.
- Alpha Operation Theatre allows doctors to access the system from anywhere in the world through satellite linkage for continuing medical education
- 3D Printed Implants with customized 3D titanium implants for complex orthopedic reconstruction surgery in case of difficult anatomy and complex tumor infections.