Best Cataract Surgery Hospitals and Cost in South Africa
Choose from 3 best Cataract Surgery hospitals in
Top Hospitals For Cataract Surgery
About Cataract Surgery
Cataract Surgery is used to treat the condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, the lens of the eye becomes clouded, making it difficult for the patient to see. In cataract surgery, the doctor replaces the clouded lens with an artificial replacement. The surgery can be performed in many different manners. In one scenario, the doctor can make an incision in the eye to access the lens, remove it, and implant the replacement. In another, the doctor can use an ultrasonic probe to emulsify the lens, remove the fragments, and then insert the replacement.Read More about Cataract Surgery →
Average Cataract Surgery Cost
|India||Starting from $500|
|Malaysia||Starting from $1381|
|Thailand||Starting from $1600|
|UAE||Starting from $4000|
- Cataract Removal
Midlands Medical Centre (MMC) Private Hospital is a 274 bedded medical facility that offers services across all major healthcare specialities. The hospital has more than 30 years of experience of delivering excellent and cost-effective healthcare to the communities. The hospital is located in the CBD of Pietermaritzburg, the capital city of KwaZulu-Natal. It lies around 80 kilometres from Durban, and approximately 500 kilometres from Johannesburg.
- Surrounded by the leafy suburb of Hillcrest, Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital committed to providing effective and affordable healthcare in the community.
- Established in 2015, this 252 bedded-facility boasts an extensive range of top medical facilities and is widely known for its integrated healthcare system.
- The hospital has a team of skilled and qualified professionals working around the clock to provide comprehensive medical assistance to its patients.
The hospital offers a variety of treatments and related procedures under the following departments:
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Urology
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Busamed Hillcrest Private Hospital strives to offer the best treatment through its state-of-the-art infrastructure complemented by the latest medical equipment and advanced technologies.
- The departments are well-equipped with modern cutting-edge facilities, air-conditioned rooms, modular operating theaters, and emergency units like ICU with specialized monitoring systems.
- The cardiac ward present in the hospital is a 10-bedded unit consisting of two-bedded and single rooms, catering to patients suffering from a variety of cardiac conditions.
- The maternity department has several LDRs (Labor delivery room), a neonatal ICU, prepartum rooms, advanced operating rooms, and a nursery.
- The hospital also has a specialized pediatric ward designed and furnished for the comfort of young children as well as their mothers. The pediatric ward has a play area to keep the children occupied and a Mom’s Lodge with a kitchenette with microwave and self-service tea and coffee.
- There is a special department dedicated to performing upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopies, bronchoscopies, ERCP, as well as Capsule Endoscopy.
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2015
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2016
- Voted by Discovery Members as the Best Healthcare Provider - 2017
- PMR Africa - Silver Arrow Award - 2015
- Ahmed Al-Kadi Private Hospital is a reputed multi-specialty hospital located in Durban, South Africa. It offers a wide variety of treatments under Pediatrics, Dentistry, Endocrinology, Neurology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Urology, and General Surgery.
- Established in 2017, the healthcare facility is a venture by the Islamic Medical Association of South Africa to make quality treatment affordable and accessible to local and international patients.
- The hospital employs a strong team of doctors, nurses, technicians, and administrative staff who are dedicated to providing personalized treatment and care.
- 24 Hour Emergency Department
- 4 Operating Theatres with a laminar flow
- Intensive Care Unit, High Care Unit, and GI Units
- Maternity Ward with Labour Ward
- Medical and Surgical Wards
- Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit
- Paediatric Ward
- Lancet Laboratory
- Private Suites
- Perumal & Partners Radiologists
- KZN Specialist Network World Hand Hygiene Competition - 2017
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2017
- PMR Diamond Award - 2017
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2018
- PMR Diamond Award - 2018
- Discovery Top 20 Hospitals - 2019
- PMR Diamond Award - 2019
- PMR Diamond Award - 2020
- Daily News Readers Choice 2nd Place Private Hospital Category - 2020