What are the popular plastic and cosmetic surgeries in Ukraine?
Some popular procedures for cosmetic surgery in Ukraine include:
Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that involves removing extra fat from the stomach or the abdominal area, giving it a flat and firm look. The procedure is a safe and effective option when a patient cannot lose extra fat through diets and exercise.
Abdominoplasty is commonly referred to as ‘Tummy tuck’ and is a good choice for the following group of people:
- Patients suffering from the post-delivery defects
- Patients with excessive fat deposits and stretch marks in the abdominal area
- Patients with fatty disfigurement of the abdomen
- Patients afflicted by cellulite
Breast Augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty is a surgery that helps women change the shape and size of their breasts with the help of artificial breast implants. The procedure aims to improve the aesthetic appearance by eliminating both congenital and acquired defects.
Some common reasons for women exploring breast augmentation are:
- To gain confidence and boost self-image.
- To restore anatomical indices like bad posture and constant pain in the back caused by large and heavy breasts.
- Female patients with inverted patients face problems when it comes to breastfeeding their newborns.
- To fix disproportionate breasts for better appearance and fit.
- To gain more freedom and ease in physical activities like exercise, running, sleep, etc.
Rhinoplasty is commonly referred to as a nose job and helps patients alter their nose to a desired shape or size. In addition, it ensures the correction of congenital or acquired imperfections and helps restore the damage to respiratory functions caused by trauma or other diseases.
Modern plastic surgery divides Rhinoplasty into three different categories, as follows:
- Open Rhinoplasty involves insection by separating soft tissues from the bone and applying sutures.
- Closed Rhinoplasty is more sparing and involves internal surgical manipulation.
- Non-operational is a process that helps to correct the outline of the nose through lipofiling. It is comparatively less painful and recommended when the nose requires no internal correction.
Liposuction in Ukraine is probably the most popular cosmetic operation, which helps to contour areas with excessive body fat like the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, or neck. The procedure involves inserting cannulas into target fatty areas, followed by vacuum suction of the fat tissue.
The patient can feel slight pain and hypersensitivity for some days post the procedure. Liposuction can remove as much as 1 to 2 kilos of weight in a single intervention.
Apart from offering refined proportions, the procedure provides additional benefits over other methods of weight loss.
- Minimal trauma to tissues
- No visible scars or stitch tracks
- No possibility of subcutaneous hemorrhages
- Affordable treatment
- Shorter recovery period
An eyebrow lift is a method to enhance the appearance and tightness of skin around the forehead, the brow, and the eyes by raising the soft tissue in surrounding areas. The procedure is popular among aging females with sagging brows or asymmetry. Different methods that a cosmetic surgeon may recommend to a patient include:
- Coronary lift (coronary lifting) – Lifting the forehead skin by a longitudinal incision along the hairline.
- Lateral or temporal lifting – Lifting the corners of eyebrows through incisions in the temples.
- Median lifting – Lifting the skin of the forehead in the middle region through incisions in horizontal or deep frontal wrinkles.
- Supernumerary lifting – lifting the forehead skin by an incision following the natural shape of the brows.
Some popular procedures for reconstructive surgery in Ukraine include:
Breast reconstruction surgery is a procedure to rebuild the look and shape of the female breasts after undergoing mastectomy as a part of their cancer treatment. Breast reconstruction surgery in Ukraine offers two main techniques to restore the shape and size of the breasts:
- Implant reconstruction: This method requires inserting an implant filled with either saline or silicone gel into the breast.
- Autologous or “flap” reconstruction: This method involves grafting fat tissues from other body parts, including thighs and the abdominal area, into the breast.
In some cases, a surgeon may recommend both an implant and flap for your condition. Therefore, it is crucial to have an open conversation with a doctor to discuss the best possible option and learn how the procedure may affect a patient physically and emotionally.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure that involves changing the shape, size, or position of the ears. Anyone above five years of age with fully developed ears can undergo Otoplasty to restore the natural look and shape of the ears after an injury or to treat a congenital disability.
Otoplasty in Ukraine can be both aesthetic and reconstructive. Therefore, the techniques vary depending on the type and location of the required correction.
Septoplasty is an outpatient surgery to reposition or straighten the deviated septum that can cause difficulty in breathing through the nose and increased susceptibility to sinus infections. Performed under local anesthesia, this technique involves making small incisions on one side of the nose and lifting the protective mucosal layer to remove, reshape, or reposition the septum.
The structural corrections help the patient to breathe easily through the nasal passage, eliminating severe complications like chronic snoring, nosebleeds, and sinus headaches. It is a safe, minimally-invasive surgical procedure that lasts for about 30 to 40 minutes, with a recovery period of 7 to 10 ten days.
A cleft lip is a condition characterized by the incomplete formation of the upper lip, whereas a cleft palate refers to the incomplete formation of the roof of the mouth. These congenital abnormalities can occur together or individually, affecting a patient’s ability to eat, speak, hear, and breathe.
Cleft lip repair or cheiloplasty aims to correct the cleft, refine the curves around the Cupid’s bow, and establish a sufficient gap between the upper lip and nose.
Cleft palate repair surgery involves:
- Separating the mouth and nasal tissues by correcting the defect along its length.
- Restoring the soft palate muscle function to enhance speech.
- Building a connection to the auditory canal for normal hearing.
- Repairing imperfections in the gum line for teething.
Craniosynostosis Surgery is a surgical procedure that helps treat Craniosynostosis, commonly known as early suture fusion. The condition can result in an abnormal skull shape and increased pressure on the brain due to restriction of skull growth.
The treatment for Craniosynostosis is highly personalized and requires a different technique for different patients. A team of neurosurgeons and plastic surgeons work together to decide the type of surgery best suited for the child. Some of these include:
- Strip craniectomy
- Spring-assisted craniectomy
- Cranial vault remodeling