Top 10 Cardiology & Heart Surgery Hospitals in India
The heart stands out to be one of the most critical organs in our body. But sadly, a large percentage of the World’s population suffers from heart related problems, varying from simple hypertension or high blood pressure to more critical ones like cardiac arrest and stroke. Heart diseases rank amongst the top causes of deaths worldwide, so you should not take your cardiac issues lightly and get regular check-ups and consultations from qualified physicians.
Choosing the best Heart hospital in India can be a challenging task but it’s important as a good hospital can make all the difference in terms of facilities, treatment options, and medical care. So, one needs to look at all the information pertaining to the hospital which are at top in healthcare industry and compare various factors, before making a sound decision.
Best Cardiology Hospitals in India have state-of-the-art infrastructure with high-tech facilities and equipment to offer a comprehensive range of treatment options. The hospitals boast of international reputation and international as well as national accreditations. Some of the world famous cardiac surgeons, with specialization along with training in advance courses and also with expertise in latest techniques, are associated with these hospitals.
In the past decade or so, India has major developments and advancements in the field of medicine and has a well prospering healthcare industry, and is thoroughly capable of catering to the needs and demands of all kinds of patients, whether national or international.
Here are listed 10 best cardiac hospitals in India with relevant details:
- Fortis Escorts Health Institute, Delhi
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
- Metromed International Cardiac Centre, Kerala
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
- Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is a premiere multi-disciplinary hospital providing tertiary care and is recognized worldwide for its clinical excellence in cardiac care.
- The 310 bedded hospital is globally renowned centre boasting of admirable outcomes for interventions like Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- It is the first hospital in India to conduct Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) and Bioresorable Vascular Scaffold (BVS), and is a pioneer of TAVR Centre in India to have started Percutaneous Transcatheter Replacement of Aortic Valve.
- The hospital has treated more than 70,000 patients with procedures like mitral valve surgery, cardiac bypasses, and complex aortic and arch surgeries.
- Specialty Clinics include ICD Clinic, Pacemaker Clinic, Heart Failure Clinic
- 159-bedded critical care unit linked to the innovative set-up of e-ICU
- 9 ultra-modern Operation Theatres and 5 Cath labs
- Top-notch technology including X-Matrix Transducers technology for Live 3D-ECHO & 3D TEE, Doppler tissue imaging, Rotoblator (Boston Scientific), CMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation), VAD (Ventricular Assist Device Therapy), Stockert HLM System,Nitric Oxide Therapy and many more.
- Dr Ashok Seth – Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi and Head, Cardiology Council of Fortis Group of Hospitals
- Dr Praveer Agarwal, Director Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Dr Anil Saxena – Director, Cardiac Pacing & Electrophysiology
- Dr Atul Mathur – Director Interventional Cardiology
- Dr Chandra – Director Interventional Cardiology
- Dr Sameer Shrivastava – Heads the Department of Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Medanta The Medicity is amongst India’s largest and most renowned multi-super specialty healthcare center with 1250 beds, 29 super specialty units and more than 800 accomplished doctors.
- Accreditations: JCI, NABH, NABL
- In 2010, Medanta became the first hospital in the country to offer robotic surgeries in cardiac, urology and gynecology in a single place.
- Medanta Heart Institute provides services in sub-specialties of Cardiac Surgery, Electrophysiology and Pacing, Clinical and Preventive Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology which are being led by highly trained experts with international repute.
- The hospital has an expert team of specialists for procedure like off-pump CABG, minimally invasive valve and a coronary heart bypass.
- 9 modular operation theatres for cardiac surgeries, unique hybrid operating suite
- 50,000+ CABG surgeries
- Equipped with the latest technologies like Da Vinci surgical system with Robot for Minimal Invasive Surgery, Artis- Zeego Endovascular Surgical Cath Lab- with a combined operating room.
- Dr Naresh Trehan – Chairman & Managing Director, Medanta
- Dr Anil Bhan – Vice Chairman, Cardiac Surgery, Medanta
- Dr Amit Misri – Senior Consultant, Clinical and Preventive Cardiology
- Dr Manish Bansal – Associate Director, Clinical and Preventive Cardiology
- Dr Kartikeya Bhargava – Associate Director, Electrophysiology and Pacing
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a world renowned multi-specialty tertiary care hospital, which was established in 1996.The 695 bedded, state-of-art facility is outfitted with the most modern technology operated by highly trained professionals across all its 52 specialties and provides world class medical care to all the patients, domestic or foreign.
- Accreditations: JCI, NABH, NABL.
- Wide range of surgery are performed here on a regular basis including valve related heart diseases, paediatric heart surgery, and adult and paediatric heart transplantation with competent success rates.
- The hospital offers Beating Heart surgeries in 99.6% cardiac bypass surgery cases to ensure quicker and easier post-operative recover.
- Record of over 1, 52,000 cardiac and cardiothoracic surgeries.
- Next generation Cath Labs, Cardiac Critical Care Units and Intensive Care Units
- Well equipped with next-generation medical technologies like Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System and imaging technologies like PET-MR, PET-CT.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is an outstanding multi-specialty quaternary care hospital, having top-notch infrastructure, advanced equipments, highly qualified and experienced medical professionals and super sub-specialists.
- Accredited by NABH and ISO
- The 1000 bedded medical facility houses a dedicated team of 200 world renowned doctors, under a number of specialties, who aim to provide high quality medical care to national as well as international patients
- The hospital offers all kinds of interventions in the sub-specialties like Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Aortic and Tricuspid Valvuloplasties and Coarctoplasties, Non-Invasive and Minimally Invasive Procedures, Pediatric Cardiology and many more.
- Services offered include non-invasive image processing, echocardiography, stress tests, cardiovascular CT’s and thallium heart mapping among many others.
- Equipped with 256 Slice Brilliance iCT Scanner that can capture an image of the entire heart in just two heart beats; ultra-modern Bi- Plane Cath Lab, for cardiac and vascular interventions
- Dr Nikhil Kumar, Director- Cardiology
- Dr Udgeath Dhir, Director & Head – Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
- Dr Anand Kumar, Additional Director – Cardiac Anaesthesia, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
- Dr Sharad Tandon, Director- Cardiology
- Dr Hemant Gandhi, Senior Consultant – Cardiology
- Max Super Specialty Hospital at Saket, New Delhi, is a pioneer healthcare service provider with more than 500 beds, state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and highly trained professionals backed by remarkable experience.
- The hospital contains excellently set-up diagnostic units for Pathology, Radiology, Cardiology, and Nuclear Medicine.
- Accreditations by national and international healthcare organizations
- More than 34 Lakh patients are treated in this renowned hospital across its 35 Specialty units.
- Accredited by: JCI, NABH, NABL, First Global Green OT Accreditation, ISO Certification
- Equipped with state-of-art medical technologies like the Brain SUITE, 3.0 Tesla MRI machine, 16 Slice CT scanner, Intra cranial pressure monitoring machine.
- Interventional Radiology Suite (CATH Lab) and Da Vinci Xi Robotics system which aids in minimally invasive procedures.
- Amenities include – Emergency response system, Cardiac Life Support Ambulances, Air ambulance, Blood bank, Pharmacy, Regional Translators, Home care services, Dialysis service, Lab are also available.
- Dr K K Talwar, Chairman – Cardiology, Max Healthcare
- Dr Rajiv Agarwal, Senior Director & Unit Head – Cardiology
- Dr Vanita Arora, Director & Head – Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab & Arrhythmia Services, Senior Consultant – Cardiac Electrophysiologist & Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr Arvind Das, Senior Director and HOD – Cardiology
- Dr Kewal Krishan, Director – Heart Transplant & Ventricular Assist Devices Principal Consultant – CTVS
Get Free Assistance for Best Cardiology Hospital India
- Metromed International Cardiac Centre (MICC) is the largest and highly renowned cardiac specialty hospital which delivers exceptional cardiac care to its patient
- MICC has a capacity of 200 beds and has an outstanding team of highly qualified cardiac specialists, offering treatment for all kinds of complex heart related problems like Interventional Cardiac Procedure, Adult & Paediatric Cardiac Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Widely known for excellent expertise in cardiac interventions like Balloon Angioplasty, Stent Implantation, Atherectomy, Endograft, Laser Angioplasty, and Thrombolysis in simple as well as complex peripheral vascular pathologies.
- 12 story exclusively Cardiac facility involving 50 bedded critical care Unit with two Coronary Care Units having 14 beds in each, one 10 bedded HDU and two post-operative ICUs with 8+12 beds
- 5 Modernized Operation Theaters encompassed in the OT Complex operating according to the international standards including the facilities of HEPA Filters and laminar flow
- 2 ultra-modern Cath Labs equipped with IVUS, FFR, And Rotablater technology for performing cardiac interventions in children, adults and even new-borns
- Facility of 24X7 Cardiac Emergency Department
- Dr P. P Mohammed Musthafa – Managing Director and Chief Cardiologist
- Dr Arun Gopi – Director and Head, Department of Electrophysiology and Heart Failure
- Prof. Dr V. Nandakumar – Director& Chief- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Dr Girish PV – Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr Abdul Riyad Poolamanna – Consultant – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital is a tertiary care healthcare service provider established in 1950 and inaugurated by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- It is 350 bed facility with 1500 employees under 55 specialties, operating under highly qualified and accomplished doctors.
- The hospital offers advanced procedures for cardiac interventions including Minimal Access Cardiac Bypass Surgery.
- 24×7 Interventional Cardiac Services with first of its kind Catheterization Lab in Mumbai along with round the clock available emergency and critical care services.
- Equipped with Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM), Head-Up Table Tilt (HUTT) Test, Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA) and Nuclear Scans for Cardiology.
- First of its kind technology in Mumbai – AlluraXper FD 10 System
- Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) adjacent to Cath Lab and Cardiac Operation Theatre (OT)
- Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS) is a leading super-speciality hospital with a capacity of 1000 beds specializing in all kinds of cardiac procedures from basic interventions to complex cardiac surgeries.
- The hospital offers a range of procedures like Aneurysm repairs, Electrophysiology, Endovascular interventions for aneurysms and radio frequency ablations, Valve repairs and ROSS procedures, device closure for ASD and VSD and many more.
- Accreditations: JCI, NABH and NABL
- One of the largest Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (PICU) centre in the world, having a capacity of 80 beds
- 16 Cardiac Operation Theatres and 5 Catheterization Digital Labs with one of them being a Hybrid Cath Lab for performing complex cardiac surgeries and interventional procedures.
- High-tech 200 bedded Critical Care Unit
- Electrophysiology Centre, Arrhythmia Centre, Heart Failure Clinic, Valve Repair Clinic, Life Style Modification Clinic, Foetal Cardiac Echo and Adult Congenital Heart Diseases Clinic.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital is a top-class multi-specialty tertiary care hospital with a capacity of 750 inpatient beds offering outstanding healthcare services under the care of distinguished experts.
- The hospital boasts of having the largest number of critical care beds in Mumbai, with 180 ICU beds and 240 independent clinics for consulting, having the capacity to deal with over 9,000 outpatient consultations every day.
- The hospital has a Full-Time Specialist System which ensures easy access and comprehensive use of resources to various specialists.
- Armeo Spring, a Computer-enhanced rehabilitation Device to improve hand and arm impairments for patients suffering from strokes, brain injuries or neurological disorders
- da Vinci Surgical System (Robotic Surgery) and External Counter Pulsation (ECP) machine for refractory cardiac failure.
- Artemis Hospital is one of the top hospitals in Delhi-NCR and has 400+ beds, with state-of-the-art infrastructure and excellent medical facilities, accredited by JCI and NABH.
- The hospital is considered no less than a pioneer in health-care services with technologically advanced specialities and 11 centres of excellence.
- The Cardiology Department and Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular Surgery department are highly renowned centres covering all kinds of heart procedures and surgeries on a regular basis, for patients from not only in India but all over the world.
- First in India – Endovascular Suite comprising the latest in 3D rotational imaging enabling the surgeons to perform neuro-interventional, cardiac catheterisation as well as peripheral endovascular procedures with precision.
- The hospital is equipped with the latest equipment for Cardiology and cardiovascular surgery including Philips FD20/10 Cath Lab with Stent Boost Technology, Endovascular Hybrid Operating System, Total Arterial Revascularization (TAR).
- The imaging and diagnostic department has 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, 3 Tesla MRI, high-end Color Doppler Ultrasound Systems, Mammography for imaging.