Best Lung Cancer Treatment Hospitals and Cost in India
Choose from 36 best Lung Cancer Treatment hospitals in India
Top Hospitals For Lung Cancer Treatment
About Lung Cancer Treatment
Lungs are in a pair and are situated above diaphragm in the thoracic cavity. They are a crucial organ as they help oxygen bind chemically to our red blood cells and thus facilitate its transportation to the body. Our lungs have specially designed air sacs called alveoli, they help in exchange of gases. When alveoli of the lungs get damaged the oxygen carrying capacity of lungs decreases. There are number of reasons that can lead to damage of alveoli of the lungs, cancer is one of them. Cancer leads to uncontrolled damage at cellular level to the lung tissue and thus affects the oxygenation of blood. This leads to development of more pressure on heart and kidneys. Lung cancer can be categorized into various stages and thus is curable if detected early. Some of the signs of cancer or infection in lungs include breathlessness, fatigue, disturbed blood pressure levels, discomfort in chest cavity etc.Read More about Lung Cancer Treatment →
Average Lung Cancer Treatment Cost
|India||Starting from $2800|
- Artemis Hospital is a premier hospital situated in the National Capital Region of India that offers medical services across all the specialities.
- Oncology services at this hospital are renowned to be par excellence. The Artemis Cancer centre offers treatment for lung cancer with an integrated approach from different branches - medical, surgical and radiation oncology and organ-specific care.
- A multidisciplinary team of doctors with specialization in cancer management along with thoracic surgeons and other medical professionals work together to provide a holistic treatment to lung cancer patients.
- The team is supported by special nursing staff for cancer care, chest physiotherapists, and paramedics.
- Artemis Hospital has a Daycare Chemotherapy Centre that offers treatment with the anti-cancer drug to kill the tumour. The centre has experienced nurses trained administration of chemotherapy, maintenance of central and venous access, and management of chemotherapy side effects.
- The hospital is equipped with advanced diagnostic and therapeutic facilities such as Video-assisted Bronchoscopy and rehabilitative services for post-treatment care.
- Most Promising Start-Up of the Year 2007 award – Express Healthcare magazine
- Best IT Implementation for the Year 2008 – PC Quest magazine for Hospital Information System
- Best institute for Medical Value Year 2010 – The CNBC Awaaz travel awards
- Asia Pacific Hand hygiene excellence Award Year 2011 – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Max Super Speciality Hospital at Saket ranks amongst the best lung cancer treatment hospitals in India.
- The Max Institute of Cancer Care offers multiple treatment modalities for providing effective oncology care for all kinds of cancers.
- The hospital has advanced diagnostic facilities to perform techniques such as Trucut Biopsy and incisional or excisional biopsy.
- A team of thoracic surgeons and oncologists are involved in treating different types of lung cancer with procedures such as lobectomy (removal of a lobe of the lung) and pneumonectomy (removal of the entire lung), amongst others.
- The three types of radiation therapy offered by the Max Cancer Centre to treat lung cancer are 3D-CRT (three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy), IMRT (Intensity-modulated radiation therapy), and IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy).
- Max Hospital is the first medical centre in North India to introduce the most advanced radiation technology - Novalis TX with Exact-Trac & Robotic In-Board Imager to track tumours online and enable high accuracy during treatments for moving tumours in the lung.
- FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- Awarded by the Association of Healthcare Providers of India (AHPI)
- Awarded for its efforts on customer experience improvement & for patient safety at FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards
- Express Healthcare Awards for Excellence in Healthcare
- D L Shah National Award on \'Economics of Quality\' by Quality Council of India
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai is a flagship hospital of the Apollo Group that offers Organ-specific super speciality services with a wide variety of treatment options.
- Cancer care at Apollo is provided by a panel of experts specializing in the field of thoracic surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology and other branches.
- The hospital is backed by a high-tech facility for Proton therapy. It offers radiation treatment for lung cancer treatment by delivering highly effective and very precise doses of protons to the targeted locations of lung cancer. The major benefit of this technique is that it prevents damage to the surrounding healthy tissue around the tumour in the lung.
- Another advanced radiation technique known as Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) is also available at Apollo hospital treatment for the treatment of non-small cell lung tumours that are of small size.
- The hospital offers a range of high-end diagnostic procedures such as bronchoscopic imaging with navigational bronchoscopy, fine needle aspirations or biopsies, high-resolution CT scanning, positron emission tomography (PET) and many others.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- Declared as the \'Centre of Excellence\' by the Government of India.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- Voted multiple times as the \"Best Private Sector Hospital in India\" by The Week magazine
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has a well-established facility, Apollo Cancer centre, that offers an entire range of services for cancer care.
- The centre has a dedicated facility for organ-specific care that provides excellent treatment facilities for the management of lung cancer with surgery, chemotherapy and radiation oncology methods.
- Radiation treatment at Apollo is highly advanced and uses the latest technology such as True Beam STx system, an innovative technique that is a fast and powerful method for delivering radiation. This technology enables the doctor to locate the complexities of cancer care with precision, including complicated cases of lung and other cancers. HDR-Brachytherapy is also available for lung cancer treatment at Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has other advanced techniques Novalis Tx Radiosurgery, a powerful linear accelerator that rotates around the patient to focus radiation beams anywhere in the body from various angles.
- Indraprastha Apollo is amongst the few medical centres to offer Robotic Surgery for the treatment of complicated cancers of the lung.
- Apollo Hospitals bags Highly Commended Award At IMTJ Medicine Travels Awards 2015
- FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award 2014 Excellence in Adoption of Quality and Information Standards “Reducing ALOS using TKR Algorithm”
- Ranked the 6th best private hospital in India for Cardiology by the WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013
- Praxis Media Private Limited, NATIONAL QUALITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS 2017
- Times critical care 2017 has ranked Indraprastha Apollo among 10 best in specialties
- Best Indian Hospital for Medical Travel and Best Organ Transplant centre at ASSOCHAM- Meditravel 2017, New Delhi on 21st February 2017
- FICCI Medical Value Travel Awards 2017 FOR BEST SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL
- Times Of India Healthcare Survey 2016 has ranked Indraprastha Apollo No. 1 in departments - Neurosciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Pediatrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics & Emergency in India
- The Week-Nielsen Best Hospitals Survey 2015 ranked Indraprastha Apollo the third Best Private Multi-specialty hospital in India
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, was awarded a Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award by a jury chaired by Justice P. N. Bhagwati, Former Chief Justice of India for the hospital\'s environmental practices.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the top-tier lung cancer hospitals in Delhi that offer high-quality treatment for lung cancer in India.
- The BLK Cancer centre is a specialized facility for providing efficient cancer care to patients suffering from different kinds of malignancies, including lung cancer.
- The multidisciplinary team of specialists including Thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists backed by a trained nursing and paramedical staff.
- They provide a detailed treatment plan with a combination of the most suitable lung cancer treatment modalities based on diagnostic evaluations, such as surgery to remove lung tumour, chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
- The hospital has high-tech diagnostic facilities that help the doctor accurately evaluate the stage and extent of lung cancer in a patient. The diagnostic services include bronchoscopy, chest X-ray, sputum cytology, needle biopsy, mediastinoscopy, and others.
- The latest radiation technology at BLK Super Speciality Hospital includes Trilogy Tx Linear Accelerator, along with IGRT, IMRT, 3DCRT, Stereotactic RT and High Dose Rate Brachytherapy.
- Awarded the Prestigious Gold Award at Hospital Management Asia (HMA), Bangkok (2013) and HMA Awards 2014.
- Aster Medcity is one of the best hospitals in Kerala that provides an entire range of treatment services for patients with lung cancers.
- The department of Pulmonology and Oncology are centers of excellence for the diagnosis, treatment and preventive management of lung cancers.
- Aster Medcity offers day-care chemotherapy infusion service along with surgical procedures and radiation therapy for lung cancer treatment.
- Radiation therapy at Aster is provided with External radiation therapy, Brachytherapy, Respiratory Gating services, Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT), and Three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3-DCRT).
- Aster Pulmonology departments also deliver specialized critical care for patients with lung problems.
- AHPI Award 2016 for Quality Beyond Accreditation, and another for Nursing Excellence
- CERTIFICATE OF HONOR for being one of the Best and Safest Hospital in India
- CMO Asia - National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare 2016
- KMA EXCELLENCE AWARD 2016 for Manufacturing Innovations Implemented/Initiated -
- Special Jury Award
- NRK Brand of The Year - Dhanam Award 2016
- Express Healthcare Excellence Awards 2017
- AHPI Award 2018 for Excellence in Community Engagement
- ET Hospital Strategic Management Summit 2018 for Outstanding Contributions To Furthering Hospital Healthcare
- The Cancer Centre at Fortis Memorial Research Institute provides holistic integrated care for different kinds of malignancies that can occur in the lungs.
- The hospital is equipped with the most sophisticated technology such as Elekta Axesse for radiation therapy & Da Vinci Robot for minimally invasive cancer surgeries.
- FMRI’s Cancer Centre has published cancer registry and surgical outcomes. The centre also offers Psycho-Oncology Programmes with support groups and expressive therapies.
- The division of Head, Neck And Thorax Surgical Oncology offers various surgical procedures for lung cancer - Pneumonectomy, Lobectomy and Sleeve resections. It is one of the few centres in India that performs perform Chest wall Resections for primary as well as secondary tumours of the chest wall and Pulmonary Metastatectomy for carcinoma in the breast, sarcomas and germ cell tumours.
- The division also provides other surgery options such as Mediastinoscopy and Resection of Mediastinal tumours (such as Thymoma and Germ cell tumours), depending on the diagnosis of the patient.
- The latest minimally invasive techniques for diagnostic at the hospital include EBUS TBNA and Radial Probe EBUS - endoscopic ultrasound technology that enables the diagnosis of almost all types of lung lesions.
- “Certificate of Merit” at DL SHAH Awards (QCI) for Quality Improvement Project – ‘Improving Compliance to Surgical Safety Checklist’.
- Received award for ‘Green Hospital’ for 2014 from Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI)
- Awarded at Frost and Sullivan Awards 2015 under Project Evaluation & Recognition Program, for two projects :
- Safety - \"Improving Compliance to the Surgical Safety Check list (SSCL) at a quaternary care Private Healthcare.
- Process Innovation - Indigenously Developed Technique for Total Body Irradiation
SevenHills Hospital is a leading multi super-specialty tertiary care hospital established in 1986 and has been a premier healthcare services provider for more than three decades. Built on sprawling area of 17 acres, this world-class facility has 1500 beds with over 30 super-specialties offering excellent outpatient and inpatient facility. The hospital has maintained par excellence in quality of clinical care and safety standards, and is dedicated in providing the best possible medical services. There is an in-campus residential facility for doctors and medical support staff which can accommodate more than 300 experts, thereby assuring round the clock availability for experts for consultation.
Krishna Shalby Hospital is a pioneer multi-specialty tertiary care medical facility with a capacity of 220 and a dedicated wing for international patients. First corporate hospital of Gujarat, this hospital brings together the world class medical technology and accomplished team of doctors dedicated to provide the best possible treatment for their patients. Established under the leadership of internationally renowned orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Vikram Shah who revolutionized the Total Knee Replacement surgery with his innovation – The Zero Technique, a minimal invasive procedure with added advantages of faster recovery time, lower cost, less bleeding, short hospital stay.
- Conferred The Best Hospital for Medical Tourism in Gujarat Award – 2019
- Received the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award 2010, instituted by the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- FICCI Operational Excellence Award, 2011
- Recognized as “The Best Medical Tourism Centre” at Gujarat Tourism Awards 2016
- Received CNBC Gujarat Ratna Award 2016 for “Excellence in Healthcare”
- 2014 IMA Med Achievers for “Innovation and Research” Company of the Year
- GIS (Gujarat Innovation Society) Hercules Award 2014
- Certificate of Recognition – TIMES HEALTH ICONS, AHMEDABAD, 2018, in the category: MULTISPECIALTY HOSPITALS - JOINT REPLACEMENT
- Shalby Dental Cosmetic and Implantology received Best Dentistry Award organized by Times Health Icon Awards at Ahmedabad, in 2018.
- Recognized as “Healthcare Service Provider Company of the year (Revenue less than Rs 500 Crore)” at the 5th Annual India Healthcare Excellence Awards 2013 by Frost & Sullivan
- Medanta - The Medicity is a leading hospital for lung cancer treatment in India. The multi-specialty tertiary care facility provides various services and facilities for lung cancer treatment.
- The oncology department at Medanta has a multidisciplinary team of specialists that formulates a comprehensive treatment plan of management of lung cancer depending on the stage of diagnosis. Treatment modalities available at the hospital include chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation or a combination of these.
- The department offers a variety of procedures for surgical treatment of lung cancer including lobectomy (remove the entire lobe of the lung), pneumonectomy (remove an entire lung), segmental resection, and wedge resection (remove a minor section of the lung that has tumor).
- Medanta is equipped with advanced radiation technology such as Tomotherapy H-D, the world\'s only integrated image-guided-intensity-modulated (IG-IMRT) delivery system. It can provide low-level doses to the heart, lungs, and kidneys.
- The hospital also has an Integrated Brachytherapy Unit, a high-end technology in brachytherapy radiation delivery, and Volumetric Arc Therapy (VMAT), which allows precise 3D dose distribution in a single or multi-arc treatment with a 360-degree rotation of the gantry.
- Medanta also offers Photodynamic Therapy - a new technique for laser therapy to cure lung cancer.
- The top-class diagnostic facilities at Medanta for lung cancer include Bronchoscopy, needle biopsies, sputum cytology, 256-slice CT scan, Staging Tests along with PET scan, chest scan, sputum test, bronchoscopy, mediastinoscopy, and others.
- Performed over 2500 joint replacement surgeries.
- Awarded as the Best Multispecialty Hospital by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant HealthCare Global Enterprises (HCG) in 2010.
- V C Circle Healthcare Award for Single Specialty Healthcare Entity category in 2013
Best Lung Cancer Treatment Doctors
Dr. Hari Goyal
Dr. Vikas Dua
Head and Senior Consultant
Dr. Amit Agarwal
Director & HOD
Dr. Anil Kumar Anand
Senior Director - Radiation Oncology
Dr. Sameer Kaul
Sr Consultant Surgical Oncology & Robotics, Apollo Cancer Institue, New Delhi
Recommended hospitals for you
4.18 average based on 120 reviews.
Patient Reviews for Recommended hospitals for you
Corneal Crosslinking -
The customer service was a bit disappointing , for example the nurses desk was over busy and no one was following a proper queue system. The biggest issue I faced was the fact that the machine needed for my procedure was not available even though I was given an appointment for the procedure. Lastly, the pharmacy was not 24 hours and was closed at 9pm. Luckily Lyfboat representative took me to another pharmacy to buy the medicines which I needed right after my procedure and they also helped push the hospital to arrange the machine for the procedure to be completed on the same day as scheduled.
Brain Tumor Surgery -
My experience from the start at Fortis was excellent. Starting from the green environment outdoors, to the overall cleanliness gave me a very good feeling. The staff were very friendly even though the hospital was always busy. The services were excellent including the food. When we shared the photos with our family back home, they were all very impressed and felt very comfortable for us being in foreign country. The medical team was excellent and we are glad to be assisted by Lyfboat in helping us make this decision to pick Fortis Hospital.