What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that aims to enhance the facial aesthetic by making the desirable changes to the structure and proportions of the nose. The procedure might also be used for medical reason, which is to treat structural defects in the nose that obstructs the airway.
The nose surgery can be used for various purposes, including
- To correct the nose size to optimize of facial balance
- To alter the nose width at the bridge or change the size and position of the nostrils
- To correct the profile of the nose to remove visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Surgery for nasal tip that is enlarged, upturned, drooping, or hooked
- Surgery for align nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- To correct the nasal symmetry
In case a person wants more symmetrical nose, it is best to keep in mind that facial asymmetric is present, to some degree, in everyone. Therefore, the outcome of the surgery might not be a complete symmetry, but the goal is to create as much facial balance and have a proportionate feature.
Rhinoplasty for deviated septum correction: Nose surgery can be done to improve the impaired breathing due to structural nasal defects. After careful evaluation of the nasal structure, and the problem it is causing to airflow and breathing, a person might be recommended this procedure. The correction of a deviated septum is achieved by making adjustments and alterations to the nasal structure to create a better alignment.
The benefits and limitations of rhinoplasty surgery:
Rhinoplasty is now considered as one of the most effective and commonly performed cosmetic surgeries. However, it is a complex procedure and must be performed by a trained specialist. As with every surgery, there are a few risks associated with rhinoplasty too. The doctor carefully evaluate the nasal structure and understands the expectation before suggesting the suitable cosmetic procedure.
Some benefits of rhinoplasty include:
- It can change the aesthetic appearance and the overall appearance of the face.
- Can be used to correct congenital defects, structural deformities or injuries to the nose that obstructs the breathing
- The healing process is mostly uncomplicated
- Helps people who wish to enhance their features. This is considered after a psychological evaluation and determining that the patient doesn’t have a negative outlook towards their appearance.
Limitations of nose plastic surgery:
- It cannot alter the whole look or personality of a person.
- Twisted noses are not very easy to fix.